Lt. Commander
I've been starting to notice a problem of folks sort of losing contact and in some cases losing interest in the game due to firends out leveling them, and being forced to PUG. In most all games I've played in the past there was some sort of system in place for characters of all level ranges to still play with each other. We got this problem in my guild, and I'm sure it is pretty much happening in most all guilds where you have a certain few diehard levelers, who are pretty much at endgame now, while the majority of the guild is still back in T2 or T3. I'd love to have a way to be able to help, and group with some long lost guildies I haven't been grouped with since headstart.

I'm about to hit T5 myself here in a few days, and I guess one thing I can do is just roll another toon, and then play with lower level friends. But really, this is sort of a short term solution.

I think Cryptic really should think about some sort of mentoring system here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Yes we really, -really- need a mentor /sidekick system

I've got a couple of level 11 buddies who I would toot around in a lower level ship to run with to keep them in the game. as it is, we can't really hang.

Gotta think of something cryp,
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Yeah I've had a couple great people in the guild who have pretty much become down on the game lately due to their not leveling as fast as their friends who are currently unemployed ATM, and have nothing to do but play all day. I'd hate to see good folks who enjoy the game, and valuable guildies start losing interest in the game, because they can't play with their buds.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 10:26 PM
One idea I had awhile back was to have a battleground that allows any tier ship to play. The way it would work is for every (lets say) one T5 Kling ship the Feds could have five T1 ships. This would keep all the ships playable forever. Maybe to keep it balanced you could only have the MK gear of that tier ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Or just have a mentoring system where you could use your T5 ship with your T2 buddies, and all your gear, and ship itself, including skills get reduced to T2 standards. It would be a blast to go back to T2 PVP with the skills I got at T4 or T5. Even if they are reduced in effectiveness.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 10:30 PM
I brought this up a long time ago too. I'm level 31. You're level 27. Um. So now we can't PvP together anymore in any fashion even though we're only 4 levels apart?

Also awkward is the 5-man team thing. What if there's 6 of us. Or 8. Or 9. Or 11. Where can we go PvP together?

Cryptic is clearly scrounging for ways to make more money with their C-Store ideas. I've got an idea on how Cryptic can make more money: make better games.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I brought this up a long time ago too. I'm level 31. You're level 27. Um. So now we can't PvP together anymore in any fashion even though we're only 4 levels apart?

Also awkward is the 5-man team thing. What if there's 6 of us. Or 8. Or 9. Or 11. Where can we go PvP together?

Cryptic is clearly scrounging for ways to make more money with their C-Store ideas. I've got an idea on how Cryptic can make more money: make better games.
I feel your pain Slamz, although I think they have done pretty well with this one in the short time they have had to actually work on it. Yes it's far from perfect ATM, but it seems to have a promising future compared to so many others which were just a bust from day one, after being touted as being the next WoW killer.

A mentoring system of some sort, would clearly be a step in the right direction. My other big idea is Guild Owned Stations, where you have to complete a fleet raid of some sort to earn the Station which you can decorate, and defend from enemy attacks. But thats in a different thread. This one is about being able to group with friends of different levels.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Well, the other thing is that the pvp is so tiered - if your 5 man has people 4-5 levels apart you'll get hosed when they fall behind.

The system really needs to be a little more inclusive.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Well, the other thing is that the pvp is so tiered - if your 5 man has people 4-5 levels apart you'll get hosed when they fall behind.

The system really needs to be a little more inclusive.
Well maybe with the Open PVP Cryptic says it is working on will help solve some of this.