Lt. Commander
# 1 Split Fed and Klingon Chats
02-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Well iŽd like to have the Federation and Klingon Players not been able to Chat with each other.

Why?

Well ,in the beginning it was ok ,you got to have a Chat with them from time to time and it was fine.
Since launch im getting more and more insults like : " @x-Q Klink " (since theres a filter you wont actually read the hard words but well people get around with it and just describe it) and so one ...its not doing any good to be able to talk to each other with people like that out there.

I mean whats the point in playing with someone that actually doesnt recognize you as a human beeing but as some "thing" thats there to throw insults at if its not going as he wants it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Completely agree with you. I usually stop playing my Orion from about 5pm to 9pm-ish (pst)
This is many of the fed kiddies who flood zone chat being obnoxious seem to be on the most.
Not the only reason Id like it split either. It would be nice to be able to discuss strat in chat with other players not in my group if we so choose.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhddva View Post
This is many of the fed kiddies...
Ironically you sound like the kind of player the OP wants to ignore with comments like that.

Have had a lot of fun last few days with friendly banter in the zone chat, I would like to see this remain and an additional layer added with separate chat, so the user can turn off zone if they want to.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Well dont misunderstand me ,its nothing Fed-only ... i got the same too when i was playing my Fed character and got some of the mentioned there too.

@To3cutter:

I wouldnt mind leaving it as it is if it where only 1-2 people as i had some fun in Zone too althought thats some time ago now. Its just getting worse every day.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 03:48 AM
I close the chat window everyday, i personaly dont give two ***** what the enemy has to say I'm Klingon.

Open chat , like hey bud lets open our comms so the enemy can here us,, sure dude lol Idiots.

( fix space who's Hairbrain idea to limit space , your fired.)

360 get a clue
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 04:16 AM
Well often enough the already joined Group isnt at the Warp in Point so i got to search them instead of throwing an *please invite me* into the chat and instantly know where to go.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Well realistically the technology of course would exist where the 2 factions can talk to one another on open frequencies...
Wait...that word...OPEN FREQUENCIES.
I very seriously doubt either faction would be using OPEN FREQUENCIES during conflict!!!!
So while I agree there should be an OPEN FREQUENCY, that players from any and all factions might use to speak, there should also be a FACTION ONLY channel to use as well, ie for the Klingons..KLINGON ONLY, for the Federation, FEDERATION ONLY etc etc.
Making an extra chat channel that is keyed to the faction the character is in CAN'T be that hard.
And it would make sence for military operation, not to mention make pvp SOOOO much nicer to be able to simply switch to Faction chat and still be able to taunt our foes in open chat lol
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 05:15 AM
"Open hailing frequencies!"

I tend to **** of klingons too much.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 06:35 AM
Well having a seperate chat channel for faction could be filtered so you wouldnt hear the other side and its taunts too.
So I still think just the addition of a faction channel and an appropriate faction filter would suit everyones needs and desires.
Yes?