Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Stupid Star Trek tricks thread
02-09-2010, 03:47 AM
I was bored and was wondering if anyone else besides me likes to do stupid star trek related tricks/stunts or Pranks

let me list a few to get started,

1: when done with a mission point your ship at the nearest planet and hit warp will screaming your favorite catch phrases like "Damn the Torpedos!! Full speed ahead" or :"KHAAAAAANNN" you get the point plus when you go to warp you get neat little sparklies that looks like your parts flew across a quarter of the planet.

2: while running hit your tricorder and jump off a cliff, if you do it right looks like you're river dancing in the air

3: wear your communicator that you got with the collectors edition and go to work. every time you talk to a co-worker tap it and say "beam me up scotty no intelligent life down here" do it so often that later all you have to do is look at a co-worker and tap the communicator to get the stink-eye
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-09-2010, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaidin
I was bored and was wondering if anyone else besides me likes to do stupid star trek related tricks/stunts or Pranks

let me list a few to get started,

1: when done with a mission point your ship at the nearest planet and hit warp will screaming your favorite catch phrases like "Damn the Torpedos!! Full speed ahead" or :"KHAAAAAANNN" you get the point plus when you go to warp you get neat little sparklies that looks like your parts flew across a quarter of the planet.

2: while running hit your tricorder and jump off a cliff, if you do it right looks like you're river dancing in the air

3: wear your communicator that you got with the collectors edition and go to work. every time you talk to a co-worker tap it and say "beam me up scotty no intelligent life down here" do it so often that later all you have to do is look at a co-worker and tap the communicator to get the stink-eye


I wore my comm badge to work, and insisted every is to call me Lt Commander until my next promotion. I refused to respond to anything but Lt Commander. My boss actually thought it was pretty funny...
every one else further awknowledged i'm a lost cause lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-09-2010, 05:43 AM
I quite frequently use Star Trek technobabble during space battle. Lots of "Fire torpedoes!" and "Evasive Maneuvers!" As I'm flying through maps, I say, "Warp factor 'x-number'" as I increase speed. And I ALWAYS say "Engage" upon game start-up.

:|
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarzGurl View Post
I quite frequently use Star Trek technobabble during space battle. Lots of "Fire torpedoes!" and "Evasive Maneuvers!" As I'm flying through maps, I say, "Warp factor 'x-number'" as I increase speed. And I ALWAYS say "Engage" upon game start-up.

:|
This amuses me...

Now i feel like less of a geek1
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-09-2010, 06:17 AM
I wore my CE badge as a tie clip to work.

Someone saw it, called me a "Star Wars Geek" and jokingly called me Luke Skywalker all day.

I hate normal people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-09-2010, 06:26 AM
I like the commbadge at work/promotion thing. I may just do that tomorrow.

I tend to get very focused when I am in combat and have running mental dialogue with my crew, calling out orders, etc...

I started to say things out loud for fun and effect during closed beta, but my wife decided it made me weirder than I already am...so I stopped for her sake. She'll be out of luck though when I start playing Klingons. Klingon is just so much fun to speak aloud.

Every now and then my friends and I will slip into in character communications over vent when we're planning a mission.

@Coyote - Yes, normal people are scary.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-15-2010, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaidin
I was bored and was wondering if anyone else besides me likes to do stupid star trek related tricks/stunts or Pranks

let me list a few to get started,

1: when done with a mission point your ship at the nearest planet and hit warp will screaming your favorite catch phrases like "Damn the Torpedos!! Full speed ahead" or :"KHAAAAAANNN" you get the point plus when you go to warp you get neat little sparklies that looks like your parts flew across a quarter of the planet.

2: while running hit your tricorder and jump off a cliff, if you do it right looks like you're river dancing in the air

3: wear your communicator that you got with the collectors edition and go to work. every time you talk to a co-worker tap it and say "beam me up scotty no intelligent life down here" do it so often that later all you have to do is look at a co-worker and tap the communicator to get the stink-eye
I do actually.

If I get really bored waiting for a PVP match to open up I'll go look for Klingon ships in sector space. When I approach in my assault cruisers I yell out something along the lines of "KLINNNNGOOOOOONSSSS SUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!"

I usually add in a spicy comment about how their cloaks will not spare them my verbal taunts. It's fun, you should try it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-15-2010, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaSamurai
I do actually.

If I get really bored waiting for a PVP match to open up I'll go look for Klingon ships in sector space. When I approach in my assault cruisers I yell out something along the lines of "KLINNNNGOOOOOONSSSS SUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!"

I usually add in a spicy comment about how their cloaks will not spare them my verbal taunts. It's fun, you should try it.
"They broke seven of your transverse ribs and fractured your clavicle!"
"Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos."

- Bashir and Garak (DS9: "The Way of the Warrior")
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-15-2010, 04:43 AM
Ahhhhh good times. You don't need a tachyon detection grid to verbally snipe a Klingon!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 AM.