Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Simple...give it one universal BO slot. Thats it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Rightly so , this class is the most useless in the game . Few if anyone flies one after tier 2 . Pretty sure Cryptic is aware of it , if they're not they should start looking at the data. The Raptor offers very little in gameplay or appearance , there is nothing Iconic about it .
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
I would never even fly it in Tier 2. The ONLY time there is a reason for it is T4, because it has an extra frontal slot that the BoP doesn't.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I'd have to re-examine the ship at other tiers but at T3 I would just upgrade its Ensign Tactical to a Lieutenant Tactical. The Ensign position is pretty useless in my opinion, but a Lt. position would make the Raptor into a more interesting T3 choice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Crap I just picked a T2 raptor Thought I would try mixing it up a bit, oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm flying it in T5 at the moment, and I rather enjoy the different pacing from playing a cruiser or a carrier. I can see a raptor working very well with a team, doing more than an extra cruiser would, but on its own it just doesn't qualify.

Besides a universal BO slot, I wouldn't mind a slightly increased turn rate since it is the highest dps ship in the klingon armada.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 06:54 PM
make it the science equivilant of fed ships.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
Rightly so , this class is the most useless in the game . Few if anyone flies one after tier 2 . Pretty sure Cryptic is aware of it , if they're not they should start looking at the data. The Raptor offers very little in gameplay or appearance , there is nothing Iconic about it .
Raptors itself ARE iconic. They appeard first in the 22. Century when Archer saved a Raptor Crew out of a Gas Giant Orbit. It is a Scout Ship and just because you did not see one in TNG it does not mean it is not iconic. A K'tinga refit or Vo'Quv really is not iconic but a lot of Klingons do fly it so iconic is no real argument. But it is fact that not much players do use Raptors because of it' s disadvantage of not having battle cloak comparing to a Bop. I know two or three Raptor Captains and they do pretty much damage and don' t get destroyed often because of their hit and run tactics. Of course a good Raptor Captains needs a little bit of support like Eng. team, sci. team or extended shields if he is in a bad situation. But if you do so he can make more damage than a Bop.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 03:50 AM
I believe there is a little misunderstanding about to WHOM it is iconic.
Vuk most likely referred to us, the fans and not the individuals in the Trek universe.
To me, as a child of the 80's, there only were the D7/K'tinga type ships for a long time
with the addition of the BoP in the third movie.
And I was glad to see the K'tinga reappear on TNG in a few episodes, even though it was just
stock footage from "The Motion Picture".
And again during in the 4th to 7th Season of DS9, even if only to be blown up most of the time.
The Raptor appeared only once on "Enterprise" because it was replaced by the Bird of Nonsense
commanded by YAD (Yet Another Duras) in the second Season.
So as much as I like the design there is little iconic about a ship that only appeared in one episode out
of hundreds.
And in 45 minutes out of decades of Trek.
Not to mention that there is little sense in simply scaling up a design and reusing it centuries after its introduction.
But that is another issue altogether.
You can read a few things about it here:

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/scaling.htm
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Renak View Post
Raptors itself ARE iconic. They appeard first in the 22. Century when Archer saved a Raptor Crew out of a Gas Giant Orbit. It is a Scout Ship and just because you did not see one in TNG it does not mean it is not iconic. A K'tinga refit or Vo'Quv really is not iconic but a lot of Klingons do fly it so iconic is no real argument. But it is fact that not much players do use Raptors because of it' s disadvantage of not having battle cloak comparing to a Bop. I know two or three Raptor Captains and they do pretty much damage and don' t get destroyed often because of their hit and run tactics. Of course a good Raptor Captains needs a little bit of support like Eng. team, sci. team or extended shields if he is in a bad situation. But if you do so he can make more damage than a Bop.
The Raptor is not iconic...it was shown on maybe two episodes of Enterprise? The devs took some flash in the pond ship hull and tried to stretchit into some distinct ship linneage. The raptor is a light cruiser that should have been part of the battle Cruiser linneage in game. The Raptor should have been the KDF T1 and T2 Cruiser...stepping stones into the Vorcha and Neg'var.

Its in such dire straits for useage because it was pidegon holed into a role it wasnt intended for...all so the devs could blow smoke of our tails exhalting the number of ships classes for the KDF...we didnt need 3 distinct class hulls like the Feds.

We just need combat dedicatd battle-cruisers(Raptor through Neg'var)...and then a low cost jack of all trades that can be adapted to fill other support roles combat and less-than combat(BoP).