Lt. Commander
If cryptic released the borg on the C-Store would u Lifetime Subs be mad. Just wondering couse That might make cryptic able to release it to others. I like the borg and i missed out on the chance to get the borg
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 08:28 PM
They'll probally do it and yes i'll be mad, but nothing I can do about it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Well, I never planned on playing Borg in the first place. People can not turn around without seeing one and I prefer to be unique which is why I have a changeling.

If Cryptic does choose to add it in the C-store it won't bother me any. Just means there will be a lot more liberated Borg running around.

Bear in mind I did not buy the lifetime subscription for the liberated Borg bonus, I bought it so I didn't have to worry about subscription fees and I liked what I saw in beta. If someone bought it just for the liberated Borg, well, good for them. hehehe
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Id like them to open all trhe races as borg lol Borg Vulcan ftw
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah7118
Id like them to open all trhe races as borg lol Borg Vulcan ftw
Hmmmm, I wonder if the Borg ever assimilated a Pacled... and if they would go back to being dumb if they were liberated or keep some manner of intelligence. hehehe
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm a lifer simply because I intend to play for more than a year and a half.

I wouldn't particularly care if the human borg became c-store buyable. But because it was supposed to be an exclusive I would like some other exclusive in exchange, such as lifers being able to borgify any race, or getting c-store credits to get other extras.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 01:21 AM
I wouldn't care really. The lifetime was a money saver for me (or more like, don't care about the game if you play it now and then or pause for some months).

I don't even use the borg, as either you wear rediciously large head attachments, or you...simply look like the next human.
There are way too few Borg "parts" you can use to make the Borg special. I'm thinking more about stuff in the "7of9" size, like special hand implants or a tiny extra on the skull.
But I really don't want to run around with a 20 kg worth (well, I exxagerate. Maybe it's only 19 kg) of stuff on my left eye with a needle in front that I can use to poke my Boffs' eyes out.

- M
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Speaking purely from opinion, it wouldn't bother me a bit even I had been able to get a lifetime sub as it's not the reason why I want the lifetime. Denying Trekkies a certain aspect of the game because they didn't get <x> Edition by <x> day of <x> month or whatever would only hinder the game, especially once the game picks up steam and pulls in more Trekkies who were originally on the fence about the game or somehow didn't hear about it.

I wouldn't be ****ed if the TOS uniforms were later sold in the C-Store, so long as they get fixed and I can actually use them for a month or two beforehand. Same goes for any other special uniforms.

Now, that's not to say I'd buy certain things. Liberated Borg player characters in the C-Store? Whatever, I have my main. Don't care enough to spend my Cryptic points on a race I'm not gonna play. Same goes for the Liberated Borg BO, don't care. However, if other's want them, I say let them after enough time has passed for those few who have them get to enjoy them and be special for a couple months to a year. Otherwise Cryptic is wasting the viability of the C-Store as a way to get more profit, whether or not people agree with such a move.

EDIT: To sum it up, this is why I absolutely HATE "exclusives" unless they're only exclusive for a certain amount of time, and the exclusive claim makes note of that. I have always hated being denied a certain character/level/gameplay element/whatever because I own <insert system here> rather than the major current or next gen system. Same goes with PC games, denying me <insert pre-order/retailer exclusive here> because I bought from <another retailer> due to price, ease of purchase/obtaining, or availability is just plain frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 06:58 AM
I would be annoyed if the did it for the BBO only. If they are going to offer exclusive stuff it should be ALL of it at one time and the price should $5 - $10 each methinks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 10:45 AM
I think ALL of the pre-order and promotional items should be considered bonuses and not exclusives. Then they could be offered on the C-Store and you just got to pick which you got bundled with your game and which you can pick up later if you want them.