Lt. Commander
# 1 Invalid Node: Unable to train
02-10-2010, 12:13 AM
I submitted a ticket several days ago and still have no response.

I have a two LCDR Engineer Bridge Officers. I wanted to train one of them a skill but it does not give me the option to train (the human) but it will allow me to train (the borg). It says Invalid node (whatever that means).

It will not accept training from the trainer, from BOs that I have, or for skills that I can train. But I could train the borg.

Is it possible to fix a bugged BO? Any suggestions or do I just need patience on the ticket?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeemer View Post
I submitted a ticket several days ago and still have no response.

I have a two LCDR Engineer Bridge Officers. I wanted to train one of them a skill but it does not give me the option to train (the human) but it will allow me to train (the borg). It says Invalid node (whatever that means).

It will not accept training from the trainer, from BOs that I have, or for skills that I can train. But I could train the borg.

Is it possible to fix a bugged BO? Any suggestions or do I just need patience on the ticket?
Not that this is a fix for the bug itself, but if he's untrainable why keep him? Why not hire someone else and train that person in the appropriate abilities from the bugged bo and dismiss?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 03:08 AM
I have exactly the same problem. My engineers 4th skill is acetone field. Now when i hover over this in assignments it says Unknown node. I cant even train over it becaues it says "unknown node". I dont want to replace the officer because it is my free BORG BRIDGE OFFICER i got with a preorder. So this is ****ing me off quite a bit =/
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 03:10 AM
yes i have bugged it in game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Both my engineer BOs have this, so had to replace with a third temporarily. One bugged officer is my liberated borg BO so that one will not be going anywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 03:56 AM
The reason, as someone else as mentioned, is that Aceton Field is a space skill but is mistakenly flagged as a ground skill. So the game is seeing a ground skill taking up a space skill slot and doesn't know how to cope.

The DEVs have said that a fix is in the works, but it probably won't get rolled out until the next patch. No time estimate has been given on when that patch will arrive.

Personally, I'm keeping my officers with Aceton Field as is until the patch. No telling how useful Aceton Field will actually be until we can field test it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
The reason, as someone else as mentioned, is that Aceton Field is a space skill but is mistakenly flagged as a ground skill. So the game is seeing a ground skill taking up a space skill slot and doesn't know how to cope.

The DEVs have said that a fix is in the works, but it probably won't get rolled out until the next patch. No time estimate has been given on when that patch will arrive.

Personally, I'm keeping my officers with Aceton Field as is until the patch. No telling how useful Aceton Field will actually be until we can field test it.
Thanks for that
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Some of the Science offifers have the same problem - they have Dampening Field as their 4th tier skill while it is actually a 3rd tier skill. They can't be retrained because the skill is "unknown node".
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis

Thank you - knowing it is a common problem makes me feel better about it because it gives confidence that it will be fixed