Lt. Commander
# 1 Buying Gold is a NO NO!!!
02-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Ok I know many people are mad bout spammers. *same here* But I will say a few things so those of you who think it's *safe* to buy gold are notified first.

1. Gold farmers are nothing more then a group of people who Break the Terms and Agreement of Cryptic.

2. Buying Gold is also against the Terms and Agreement and CAN get you perma Banned!

3. Visiting These sites Mentioned by Gold Farmers can wind you up with a virus or keyloggers.

4. I know this is true cause I had several of my games hacked not once but twice.

Word Meaning:
Gold farmers- A cult who uses Exploits and cheats to make a quick buck.

Terms and Agreement- The Terms of which Cryptic has made guidelines and the Players Agreement to Follow these guidelines.

Perma Banned- Access That has been denied to the game due to a breach in certain Conditions.

Virus- An infection on your computer from visiting a bad site on the internet.

Keyloggers- An infection normally not detected by antivirus programs. Typed commands are forword to a Person that created the Keylogger.
(Data can be swiped from you computer such as email, game accounts, private messages, ID ect.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Why would you buy gold?

Unless you were going to sell it for CREDITS?

GENIUS!!!

I think I just found a new market.

Buy Gold from WoW + Sell for Credits in STO + 3rd Thing = Money and "ho's".

GENIUS!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Not to mention, buying and selling in-game money completely breaks most in-game economy. I've seen a good many MMOs have their market system become completely unusable. So sad.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 08:06 AM
And here I was ready to argue that Gold is an overpriced commodity at the moment, hitting around $1,200.00 an ounce or more (rough estimate) and would not be a current safe investment for your future at the current price.

And I could probably get into more technical financial jargon, but I find this title's thread misleading.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Of course you need gold. You can't press all that latinum into just any metal...

But seriously, don't buy stuff from them bad guys who keep spamming us. I remember something that was posted on the WoW website about this stuff. Ah yes, here it is. Yes, I know, it's from that stupid game no serious person would ever play, but what's being said there is true for pretty much all MMOs. And they are all acting against RMT (Real Money Trade,) some more and some less successful.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Game gold
02-11-2010, 08:16 AM
How many people ranked up by buying stuff from the spammers, there is no point in playing the game if your going to rank up in a week and the have no missions. MMO are supposed to be fun and go thru all your missions at a normal rate instead buying points to rank up.And the best part is after they can go any higher they trash the game just check any forum they are in every one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Plus, not buying the credits is the best way to help the spam go away. If they're not selling, they'll stop trying. Maybe no completely, but it'll certainly drop off.