Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Does this seem like an issue to anyone else?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 08:50 PM
It's the KDF.

The way I see it, is the KDF is a seedy mishmash of conquered races, mercenaries, opportunists and forced labor in the Klingons desperately outgunned and outmatched fight against the rest of the known universe.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 09:13 PM
alien gives the best choice of traits, so in a way it's the best pick if your looking for a tactical advantage.

and that guy that looked like a 3 foot tall martian was pretty awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 10:30 PM
I do wish Cryptic's random NPC generator was a little less random.

I'm also not amused at the surprising number of Klingons in the Federation. It's like there's a Worf around every corner. Their random NPC generator should probably be weighted to produce more traditional Federation races for the Feds (humans 80%, Vulcans 10%, basically-humans 8%, really messed up looking weirdos and Worf 2%) and the KDF should be weighted towards being Klingon, with the other official races being well represented and "aliens" being a small minority.

Not a big deal, but it would make the game look more like Star Trek and less like Champions Online -- basically just full of weird random looking humanoids.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I do wish Cryptic's random NPC generator was a little less random.

I'm also not amused at the surprising number of Klingons in the Federation. It's like there's a Worf around every corner. Their random NPC generator should probably be weighted to produce more traditional Federation races for the Feds (humans 80%, Vulcans 10%, basically-humans 8%, really messed up looking weirdos and Worf 2%) and the KDF should be weighted towards being Klingon, with the other official races being well represented and "aliens" being a small minority.

Not a big deal, but it would make the game look more like Star Trek and less like Champions Online -- basically just full of weird random looking humanoids.
Klingons were up until recently allied and had officers serving in the federation. It's not that much of a stretch.

Look at it this way - the players in the game are supposed to represent exceptional captains - so maybe there's a correlation there. People want to have an interesting story, at least I hope that is why.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Klingons were up until recently allied and had officers serving in the federation. It's not that much of a stretch.
Even Worf apparently went back to the KDF though. Any who stuck with the Feds would officially be traitors to their people at this point.

But I'm not talking about the player-characters, I mean the random NPCs that spawn, for example in the Ice Mining battle. There's a relatively large number of Klingon-looking NPCs that show up there on the Federation side. IMO, Klingon NPCs working for the Federation should be extremely rare.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
alien gives the best choice of traits, so in a way it's the best pick if your looking for a tactical advantage.

I agree the Gorn forced traits are crap no wonder everyone rolls a human looking alien. Same goes for the Feds I bet just not as obvious.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 03:13 AM
According to the game's storyline, Worf severed ties with starfleet and the federation and returned to be part of the klingon empire because he didn't like the way the federation was doing things.

If WORF, the most human of all klingons, the only klingon to ever really respect humans and starfleet in the first place, got fed up with it and returned to the empire, I can't see any other pure blooded klingon PERIOD being in Starfleet.

But hey, this game isn't made to make sense, nothing in it really does anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
Hehe i have seen a fair few of those aliens. Reminds me of that one from American dad.