Lt. Commander
# 1 STO Character Viewer
02-11-2010, 04:28 AM
Does Cryptic have plans to do something with STO similar to what they did with Champions Online in that they allow you to view your characters from the website? It would be cool to have a similar tool to view progress or just see your friends or other peoples creations. Especially with the variety allowed in the create-an-alien editor.

It would be great if it also showed the crew of your current ship and a pic of said ship. You could even lay it out in a Star Trekky way to make it look cool... Just a thought...

And sorry if this has been discussed a cursory search didn't really show up anything. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 06:07 AM
Wow... 2 weeks and not a single response... Kind of expected something... I enjoy the character/friends list setup that Champions Online uses and since they are practically the same engine, I'm surprised that they haven't implemented something like that here...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 07:25 AM
There's a number of things from the CO site that would be nice to have over here.

Unfortunately, web site development for STO seems to be pretty limited; they still haven't gotten all the information for the ship listing put up (or indicated that more will be coming, honestly), and the "path to 2409" pretty much faded away. I could live without either of those, though, if I could get even half the functionality of the CO site concerning my characters put onto this site.

We've got the friends lists available on the home page here, but that's more to players than to their characters.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Wow....18 months and no update to this?

Wonder if Cryptic ever has plans to do anything like this or have just nixed the whole idea? I'd like to use it more as a reference guide on how others are building their characters. I used a crafty spreadsheet program I wrote to input data from other wow toons & come out with a "on average" build for my wow characters that gave me a good starting point for my toons.

Wish there was some online info on other toons throughout the game.

So in a long winded way I just **BUMPED** this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-07-2011, 10:16 AM
There was a Captain's Database once, but at some point it apparently became broken. I can't find the correct thread at the moment, but I read recently that it was taken offline entirely within the last few months due to "problems on the backend" (I believe that was the phrase).
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Wow, necro post revival. Here's the link to the thread where WishStone says they are revamping the backend :

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=224003

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Got some answers!
Right now the DB is turned off (for the most part) due to some backend issues. We're going to tinker and see what we can make work and how after the changes are settled in.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowski View Post
So in a long winded way I just **BUMPED** this thread.
And in a very brief way, mon Capitan, I closed this thread!
Closed Thread