Lt. Commander
# 1 Patch Issue
02-11-2010, 05:22 AM
It seems that there was some sort of patching issue as I am not seeing any improvement in the KDF content. AS it stands now I can re-enter the T'kanis nebula and fight the same Borg content.

Tetryon beam arrays are still unable to be purchased via the equipment vendors and only one type of beam array (antiproton) is showing on the honor badge vendor. Additionally, the dual antiproton shows PHASER damage as it's damage type, not antiproton. The KDF Fleet actions are still not scaling properly as far as the end of mission reward is concerned... Is there any reason I am receiving MK III items as a reward at lvl 45? or is this intended to add to the KDF OPness?

Please address these problems and issue a hot fix patch asap, thanks.

Astrick.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Just as predicted in beta, the lack of klingon content has led to a very limited amount of klingon players, which in turn has led to Cryptic focusing on "the money", ie the fed players instead.

I was online yesterday and oogling about Qo'Nos. There were about 120 people in Qo'Nos. Then I logged on my fed character, and there were about 4000 players in just Earth Stardock. Developer decisions will most likely be done with this in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hundredth View Post
Just as predicted in beta, the lack of klingon content has led to a very limited amount of klingon players, which in turn has led to Cryptic focusing on "the money", ie the fed players instead.

I was online yesterday and oogling about Qo'Nos. There were about 120 people in Qo'Nos. Then I logged on my fed character, and there were about 4000 players in just Earth Stardock. Developer decisions will most likely be done with this in mind.
I wouldn't be surprised. The quality of this patch sucks. If this is any indication of things to come then we're all screwed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 12:10 PM
no klingons = no endgame content for feddes

they need us to be here.

no one is gonna stay grinding pve forever
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Buck up, old chap. 45 days isn't up yet!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
I hope you arn't holding your breath.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:

In fact we're at the 2 week stage and the universe is still functioning .
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Like the first raid-i-sode was supposed to be out a "week after release" and now we're lucky to get it the first month? Yes, in that sense, 45 days aren't up yet.

Just to be clear, I liked the patch today. I would have liked it even more if it had contained some actual pve for klingons. Instead of more pve for feds.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 04:11 PM
I had suggested in beta that Cryptic consider holding back the Klingon faction until it was more complete, for PR purposes and to let them focus on finishing one faction at a time.

The Klingon players responded universally that they were happy to get the little that they were getting, and that the Klingon faction should not be held back.

Therefore, Cryptic actually DID listen to their testers. Their testers (the Klingon faction at the time) just happened to be wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Honestly if they just put respecs in and increase the drops rates on worthwhile gear (not consoles that I can easily give from PvP) it'll be fine.

It'll still not be complete but itll be 'playable' by most casual players' definition.