Lt. Commander
# 1 Aceton Field
02-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Well now that we could use the thing I decided to try it out, and man did I get to be dissapointed.

My main ire has to be thrown right at the 90 degree targeting arc. Being in a T4 cruiser, thats just salt in the wounds. So you pretty much only get to use it in the beginning of the fight.

Secondly, it only affects a single target, which, while -50% energy damage is nice, its also pretty useless when its only one ship you're debuffing. Give me a small AoE, just for the sake of actually wanting to keep it.

And if you can't do that, at least buff the radiation damage, 150 hull damage every few seconds (because apparently it doesn't seem to matter how many energy weapons your target is using, it only procs every few seconds anyways) is pretty sad. I wouldn't mind if that 150 damage proced every time any energy weapon fired which would really boost the damage.

I only say this because otherwise, I just don't see the point of it occupying a Commander slot - or any slot for that matter. And sadly, I can only have so many Reverse Shield Polarities and Emergency Power to X before the Engineering powers start to look kind of boring. Anyone agree?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Agreed, I was going through my skills last night and I was trying to replace skills I didnt like with skill that may help more. Well by the time I got done, I stuck with the lesser of two evils...it pretty much sucked
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 11:27 AM
You are right.

This skill needs to be more attractive, otherwise people will go for the infinitely more powerful THIRD Reverse Shield Polarity skill.

Reverse Shield Polarity I, II and III make for 3x15 seconds of god mode.

Aceton Field just cannot compare to that - the question is if there are too many ranks of Reverse Shield Polarity or if the system should change to allow only the use one rank of a certain power.