Lt. Commander
# 1 Fixed my borg BO did you?
02-11-2010, 11:15 AM
I saw the patch notes and got all excited, then logged in to train my BO and realized it was exactlyt he same. Nope no fix at all to the borg BO.

Also, Cryptic says the abilities were always there, just named improperly. Explain then why efficiency, a passive upgrade to power systems, is not functionning on Borg BO or liberated lifetime sub characters. Are my extra power points hiding somewhere in the EPS conduits?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 11:18 AM
The fix probably only affects as-yet unclaimed BO's. Anyone who already did is **** out of luck.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 11:27 AM
I haven't seen my efficiency stats for either captain or BO..
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Addendum, I just checked a few more places and ran a few tests, looks like they did fix it... mostly.

Part they did not fix: I go to my skills to upgrade my BO stats and the abilities are not there.

Part they did fix: Now on the character stats it shows activated ground abilities under the appropriate names. I can verify their existance on the combat logs.

Also efficiency works. not only does it appear under their passive traits, but I watched it function at earth spacedock. +5 to power levels does not mean litterally a +5 to each power setting, these are very different things. the +5 is to the crews ability which influences power levels, it roughly translates to +.5% to existing power level to a cap of 110. When I equalized all my powers and swapped in the borg BO I watched every setting whose default was at the time above 53 jump by 1. When maximizing power to weapons I saw only the increase in shield power, which at the time was somewhere in the seventies.

So thanks cryptic, a little more work to be done yet, but now I feel ok about using my borg BO.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowombat View Post
Part they did not fix: I go to my skills to upgrade my BO stats and the abilities are not there.
Not sure what you're getting at there. The unique Borg officer abilities are Traits, like Efficient. Those are never upgradeable and are never visible on the skills page. That includes the ones that bestow an activated attack; Vulcans can get a nerve pinch ability, for instance, but it's not upgradeable, and neither is the Borg attack trait.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 02:39 PM
where do u find the borg bridge officer?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatzimaus View Post
Not sure what you're getting at there. The unique Borg officer abilities are Traits, like Efficient. Those are never upgradeable and are never visible on the skills page. That includes the ones that bestow an activated attack; Vulcans can get a nerve pinch ability, for instance, but it's not upgradeable, and neither is the Borg attack trait.
Incorrect. There are activated abilities Borg BOs ahve that do not display correctly. Borg Nanites and Neural blast among them. They appear as activated abilities on my borg's stat page but under the skills page it lists normal engineering abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowombat View Post
I saw the patch notes and got all excited, then logged in to train my BO and realized it was exactlyt he same. Nope no fix at all to the borg BO.

Also, Cryptic says the abilities were always there, just named improperly. Explain then why efficiency, a passive upgrade to power systems, is not functionning on Borg BO or liberated lifetime sub characters. Are my extra power points hiding somewhere in the EPS conduits?
They now show and work fine. I can see all of my borg BO's traits on her character sheet.

There is a bug where you need to have the Commander level Efficiency skills with at least 1 point before you get the bonuses added, though. They already said this fix will be in soon, just didn't make it into this patch.

As the previous poster said it's not +5, it's +5%. It's a very small gain but it IS there. You especially start to notice it when you have multiple officers with the trait. You also need to run your power levels below 50 or so to get the full benefit from efficiency. Once you start pumpnig more power than that it starts to fall into the realm of the Performance skill.

With no gear on my T4 cruiser and 9 ranks in the Efficiency skills, as a Liberated Borg with 4 officers with Efficiency I have 47/25 engine and aux power at the lowest settings. +22 is a pretty nice bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 01:16 PM
The "previous poster" was the OP, so I already figured it out, but thanks anyway.

also, no its not fixed, go to skills and try upgrading her ground traits, they still read incorrectly, at least for me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Efficiency is listed as a ground trait for me on my Borg Bridge Officer, which seems pretty pointless. Oh well, what can you do?