Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Gaming Bits, GamePro Talk STO
02-11-2010, 12:16 PM
The folks at Gaming Bits interviewed Craig earlier this week, and Kyle Horner at GamePro put together a comprehensive STO launch report. Check them out.


Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
You should post some bad reviews.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoxx View Post
You should post some bad reviews.
Cant post it if theyre not giving it bad reviews. Oh and reported for trolling.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Cant post it if theyre not giving it bad reviews. Oh and reported for trolling.
But there are poor reviews for the game, all you have to do is type in a google search for Star Trek Online Reviews and almost every review I read reports the game as mediocre to poor, but why would they post bad reviews on their forums, seems to defeat the purpose of posting reviews here. BTW you can't report someone for trolling because they want to see both sides of the coin.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwolonewulf View Post
But there are poor reviews for the game, all you have to do is type in a google search for Star Trek Online Reviews and almost every review I read reports the game as mediocre to poor, but why would they post bad reviews on their forums, seems to defeat the purpose of posting reviews here. BTW you can't report someone for trolling because they want to see both sides of the coin.
Those reviews are done by bloggers. Not actual legitimate media outlets. Nobody in their right mind listens to them. Theyre the same people that think whatever is posted on mmorpg.com is true and factual.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Those reviews are done by bloggers. Not actual legitimate media outlets. Nobody in their right mind listens to them. Theyre the same people that think whatever is posted on mmorpg.com is true and factual.
I am not going to post any websites on here, but the reviews I am speaking about are NOT from bloggers they are from as you say legitimate media outlets. Now do not get me wrong I enjoy the game I am just saying it would be fair to post both sides of the coin so people have a balanced view of the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Cant post it if theyre not giving it bad reviews. Oh and reported for trolling.
Bad reviews exist.

Maybe bad isn't the right word. Reviews that point out reality certainly exist.

I hope you aren't going to report me too because I said something not nice about the game.

Thanks mom. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Those reviews are done by bloggers. Not actual legitimate media outlets. Nobody in their right mind listens to them. Theyre the same people that think whatever is posted on mmorpg.com is true and factual.
For the record, 1up.com was part of Computer Gaming World (which became Gaming for Windows) which was around for 25 years before their publisher Ziff Davis went belly up. I highly respect the opinions of the folks over at 1UP/CGW/GFW and if 25 years of publication doesn't satisfy your need for solid credentials, then you are just a fanboy and not worth spending the time to debate the point with.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship_of_the_Line
Bad reviews exist.

Maybe bad isn't the right word. Reviews that point out reality certainly exist.

I hope you aren't going to report me too because I said something not nice about the game.

Thanks mom. :p



For the record, 1up.com was part of Computer Gaming World (which became Gaming for Windows) which was around for 25 years before their publisher Ziff Davis went belly up. I highly respect the opinions of the folks over at 1UP/CGW/GFW and if 25 years of publication doesn't satisfy your need for solid credentials, then you are just a fanboy and not worth spending the time to debate the point with.
Your quite right.

I read such a review today: -

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/startr...-review&page=2

However, I really like the game now that I am getting into it.

Basically, although I see the point they are trying to make in this particular review, I don't personally agree with it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9 I have faith in you Cryptic.
02-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoxx View Post
You should post some bad reviews.
They don't need to post bad reviews. It's enough to read the comments to the online reviews they are posting. The Hardcorians (a not-so new faction of MMO players) and some fanatic trekkies already bash the game enough anyway, while people who're pleased with what they have, are busy playing the game... when they can log-in that is.

Just read my signature to see which "camp" I belong in.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
They don't need to post bad reviews. It's enough to read the comments to the online reviews they are posting. The Hardcorians (a not-so new faction of MMO players) and some fanatic trekkies already bash the game enough anyway, while people who're pleased with what they have, are busy playing the game... when they can log-in that is.

Just read my signature to see which "camp" I belong in.
You mean teh comments made by the same trolls that plague these boards? The same trolls that for some reason only known to them, they want everyone to conform to their way of thinking and nothing else? Ok...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:40 AM.