Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon PVP mentality lately
02-11-2010, 05:51 PM
I've been grinding my character from t1 - t3 the past few days with pvp only.

I am realy dissapointed at the mentality of the average klingon pvper that just wants to loose as quickly as possible so they can que up for the next fight to just keep loosing and grind as fast as possible.

My fed is LvL 45 already and there is never any pvp at that level as the que usually has 120 feds in it and 5 Klingons.

I made my klingon toon to enjoy low lvl PvP and quite frankly I am shocked at the large desire to just get the round over with or the people that just shoot once then go AFK for the whole round..

Oh well /rant off
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Team up. Queue team. Wait for exploits like that to get fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah if you really want a good PVP game you have to team up at this point, most of the people who want to actually win already team up, so when you PUG as a Klingon you're more likely to get in a match with the lazy idiots who speed grind and ruin matches.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoKi_
I've been grinding my character from t1 - t3 the past few days with pvp only.

I am realy dissapointed at the mentality of the average klingon pvper that just wants to loose as quickly as possible so they can que up for the next fight to just keep loosing and grind as fast as possible.

My fed is LvL 45 already and there is never any pvp at that level as the que usually has 120 feds in it and 5 Klingons.

I made my klingon toon to enjoy low lvl PvP and quite frankly I am shocked at the large desire to just get the round over with or the people that just shoot once then go AFK for the whole round..

Oh well /rant off
If BOP's and raptors didn't suck so much at tier 4 maybe the Klingon players would actually try and fight. With those two ships being near useless - it's just quicker to suicide by flying into the fedball rather than prolonging the inevitable.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zab101
If BOP's and raptors didn't suck so much at tier 4 maybe the Klingon players would actually try and fight. With those two ships being near useless - it's just quicker to suicide by flying into the fedball rather than prolonging the inevitable.
BOP can tank fine as long as you have a chunk of people all sticking close together with hazard emitters engineering teams science teams 1 and 2.

With universal officer slots on the BOP it can fill this role great.

You can heal the damage faster than it is received out and just wear the other side down.. much L2Play is still needed across all low tier pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Nothing beats bringing my K'T'Inga in to tank, draw fire from the Feds, and see the BoP's disperse and cloak away (i.e. run away). Heh...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 09:16 PM
How does the exp system work in ground pvp? How much exp do you get rewarded for winning the match as opposed to losing?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 09:49 PM
I wonder how many of those people are gold farmers. Or people who plan to try to sell their account.

I see no reason for a "real player" to rush to max level in this game. It's a Cryptic game. There's not going to be anything to do at max level except roll a new alt.

I've started reporting people who are obviously trying to exploit the system. I dunno that it does any good but I create a GM ticket, say when and where it happened and if I see them again doing it in another match I update my ticket with the new info.

It's in Cryptic's best interest to just ban people like this. Whatever they're up to, it's bad for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
BOP can tank fine as long as you have a chunk of people all sticking close together with hazard emitters engineering teams science teams 1 and 2.

You can heal the damage faster than it is received out and just wear the other side down.. much L2Play is still needed across all low tier pvp.

In Tier IV(which is what the person you where replying to was commenting on) Klingons do that they die...

Tier IV isn't exactly lower tier anymore either.....its not a matter of l2p.

Klingons basically have to destroy the enemy before everyone else on the Fed side realizes it..or they die. We simply do not have the ship* power to go toe to toe with the feds in that Tier. That is not to say we cannot do such fights..they just usually end badly.

Shrug going by all I have seen and read Tier V is much better as the Klingons start getting comparable ships to the Federation of that Tier and the gear disparity shrinks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:

I'd agree with you about the BoP from T1-T3, but in T4 the BoP doesn't advance nearly as much as every other ship. It only has 5 weapons slots, and only has 1 commander Boff, and 3 lt boff slots, no lt com slots (unless they've changed it since beta). The only other difference other than a little more hull and shield, is an extra engineering mod slot. You compare that to a lot of ships going from T3-T4 and you should quickly realize the BoP is really under powered in T4.

This is my experience as a war hardened BoP pilot from CB-Launch. Don't tell me to L2P, because I do know how, it's just that the BoP really sucks at T4 and can not deliver the DPS it's supposed to. Every other ship in the game out damages it at that point, and it doesn't have enough BoFF slots to really do anything more than in T3.