Lt. Commander
# 1 Give us Deep Space nine back!
02-12-2010, 09:46 AM
To: Paramount Pictures

June 6, 1999 - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine ends its 7 year run, bringing to a close that extrodinary saga, and an era in the Star Trek Franchise.

November 27, 2000 - Stacy Powell and Doug Wilson join forces for a greater good...the Return of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine!

April 7, 2001 - After Recieving over 6,700+ Signatures for the HORIZONS Campaign to see Deep Space Nine returned either in a Motion Picture, or Television Mini-Series, 123petitions shuts down and the Horizons Petition is lost.

Today - You show your support for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Horizons Campaign by signing the petition.

Sign the Petition to get a Deep Space Nine Movie or T.V. Mini-Series.
Make a Difference! Lets continue the future!

http://www.petitiononline.com/ds9hrzns/petition.html

Greetings from Germany
AntOrri
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Not to be negative but DS9 original cast could play in Starfleet geriatrics now.
Maybe a DS9 TNG!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satcong
Not to be negative but DS9 original cast could play in Starfleet geriatrics now.
Maybe a DS9 TNG!
Its been a decade..., no, no they wouldnt be.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Hmm. I could go for that. I was personally a Voyager fan, but DS9 was also pretty awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 09:59 AM
With the release of the movie last year, I think there're gonna be stickin' to Abrams' timeline for the next couple o' years movie wise. But more than likely, it'd be in the runnin' for a TV series. I'm a Voyager fan also, but what I've seen of DS9, I've liked it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Lol @ online petitions. You have to remember, No studio will ever run a series unless theres a sure way of creatign a substantial profit. Thats why the shows originally got cancelled, thats why enterprise got cancelled, Sarah Connor chronicles etc.

Just because you think it should come back, doesnt mean it will. The studio's are a business. If they dont see it making a substantial profit, the idea goes in the trash.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Lol @ online petitions. You have to remember, No studio will ever run a series unless theres a sure way of creatign a substantial profit. Thats why the shows originally got cancelled, thats why enterprise got cancelled, Sarah Connor chronicles etc.

Just because you think it should come back, doesnt mean it will. The studio's are a business. If they dont see it making a substantial profit, the idea goes in the trash.
The entire point of the petition is to illustrate that there are enough people who are willing to watch the show to turn a profit.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Out of curiosity, what is the significance of Star Trek's 7 year cap?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
With the release of the movie last year, I think there're gonna be stickin' to Abrams' timeline for the next couple o' years movie wise. But more than likely, it'd be in the runnin' for a TV series. I'm a Voyager fan also, but what I've seen of DS9, I've liked it.

Deepspace nine was only good in the last episode or two of Season 5, and all of season 6 and 7. before thst, it was mind-numbingly tedious.

As for a new tv series, i wouldnt get your hopes up. Theyve got a new movie coming out next year, and unless that is a major hit, there definitly wont be a new series again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
Actually, at some point, I was expecting a Deep Space Nine film.

To me, when the TOS crew of films were retired, they went to TNG. That suggested, to me, that at least one film for DS9 would be made, to at least resolve some hanging threads left by the series finale. From there, maybe a Voyager movie or two. Etc. Etc.

I am so-so with Deep Space Nine for many reasons I won't elaborate on (but I like it better than Voyager or "Enterprise").

Still, at this juncture, it is as you've said regarding the Abrhams re-boot. They are going to stick to that. This may sound pessimistic to many of you, but I really do not see them returning to the "prime timeline" ever. There are at least 2 more Abrhams films to come out in however many years it would take (10 years? They are on hiatus right now and haven't cranked up production just yet. Five to Six years may be what we are looking at.)

From there, I am only seeing most "average" people (non-Trekkie/Trekkers) being comfortable with the Abrhams vision. Perhaps another movie set in the Abrhams universe or a TV show?

I am not saying it is not impossible to run some sort of TV series (based on the "prime Timeline") during this time and get away with it, but many folks and studios like to focus and put their "eggs in one basket" as it were. I'll admit anything can happen in the future to surprise me from this notion, but I am not seeing it "in the cards". I still think, even though THEY are aging, the best chance for another "Prime Timeline" movie is yet another TNG excursion even though the last one killed the franchise. Again, hedging my bets, SOMEONE could decide to move forward and finally MAKE that DS9 movie to "move on" from "Nemesis"...but again, that is optimistic speculation on my part for your reading benefit.

That is not to say something "minor" could not be made; like mini-web-episodes.

In lieu of this, quite frankly, Star Trek Online is the best representation we are going to get of the "Prime Timeline", canon or not. I think most projects will have the best leverage if they spring off the players and fan-base of STO and THAT may make a new series about a new Prime Timeline.

Again, speculation on my part, but I think that is where we stand today.