Career Officer
I found that the Aegis Shield is bugged and lets you get to crafting Tier 20 in a short time, and this is what it looks like when you get there:

https://flic.kr/p/nLbtwa

Is this a bad joke? After grinding TWO MILLION crafting XP, THAT is what you get?
So, I am sitting alongside a Caitian Atrox Carrier at Earth Spacedock, and I think to myself "Man, that ship has a lot of windows".

Then it occurs to me that it makes a lot of sense, because cats love to sit in windows.

Last edited by jaturnley; 06-20-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Captain
# 2
06-20-2014, 08:09 PM
We are men, dilithium is fish, and dolphins are cryptic

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dUmDBfp6k
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Ensign
# 3
06-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Oh dear..

That's all I got...
Career Officer
# 4
07-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Grats, you leveled up using aegis shield bug
Captain
# 5
06-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaturnley View Post
Is this a bad joke?
I'm not sure the percentages that it shows there are correct. That's based on the following:

"By the time you hit the maximum level of any school, you’ll regularly craft Rare and Very Rare items, and you’ll completely eliminate Common items from your potential outcomes."

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1147621

The percentages still show a chance for Common. Did you also notice that there was no Shield Trait? I just don't think they've finished the upper tier stuff...and as said...that the Aegis was left there as a mistake (probably something they were using themselves internally for testing).

Thus, they didn't expect folks to hit L20 as quickly as has happened. Probably didn't think folks had as many samples to convert as they did, probably didn't think folks would hit up Drozana for free Dil to spam Finish Now, and all the rest...etc, etc, etc.

Would be nifty to get some dev reply if this is the case...cause yeah, the percentages displayed don't match up with the statement about eliminating Common.

We're a couple of days into what's going to be near a month of testing...I'm giving them the slightest benefit of the doubt. I know I'm not going to need a cigarette and a nap in the end, been here too long for that...but I think it's a little early to be reaching for the uninstall.

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser
Career Officer
# 6
06-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Here's what the Aegis shield looks like at that level.

https://flic.kr/p/o3oebi

It's better, but a 20% chance of green is still not making me happy. I assume those two blank boxes will be filled with something that makes that chance better, but still, that's going to be a LOOOOOOOONG grind to have a 33% chance of getting a purple drop.

FYI, this won't make me quit the game by any means, but it sure doesn't make me have any desire at all to spend my valuable time on this system.
So, I am sitting alongside a Caitian Atrox Carrier at Earth Spacedock, and I think to myself "Man, that ship has a lot of windows".

Then it occurs to me that it makes a lot of sense, because cats love to sit in windows.

Last edited by jaturnley; 06-20-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Captain
# 7
06-20-2014, 08:29 PM
Quote:
It's one of the reasons you can figure that those aren't done yet. Er...Aegis only comes in Very Rare/Purple. You crafted what...57+ of them to get to Level 20? Every single one is the same...

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser
Career Officer
# 8
06-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It's one of the reasons you can figure that those aren't done yet. Er...Aegis only comes in Very Rare/Purple. You crafted what...57+ of them to get to Level 20? Every single one is the same...
Yeah, the higher level Aegis gear (or lower level, who knows) is definitely not there yet. Need an Aegis shield, I got plenty?

Career Officer
# 9
06-20-2014, 08:48 PM
This is troubling, but why did you invert the colors of the picture?
Republic Veteran
# 10
07-06-2014, 07:35 AM
Quote:

https://flic.kr/p/o3oebi

It's better, but a 20% chance of green is still not making me happy. I assume those two blank boxes will be filled with something that makes that chance better, but still, that's going to be a LOOOOOOOONG grind to have a 33% chance of getting a purple drop.

FYI, this won't make me quit the game by any means, but it sure doesn't make me have any desire at all to spend my valuable time on this system.
At max level with a purple doff it really should be at least 60% very rare 30% rare 10% uncommon.

With catalyst it should be 80% very rare 20% rare...

If you were to add ultra rare on top of that, 55% very rare 30% rare 10% uncommon 5% ultra rare.

with catalyst 65% very rare 20% rare 15% ultra rare

Last edited by cryptkeeper0; 07-06-2014 at 12:41 PM.