Lt. Commander
Apologies if I come across as a complete clot but how do you actually run missions with another person. When I create a group (not fleet think you need 5 for that) with my friend and I initiate one of the missions say something from Sulu or Quinn it only brings up the mission for me and not both of us.

1 How do you do missions co-op?
2 Was I doing the right thing in the 1st place and once you complete the mission will it will reward both players regardless of whether we both have the mission displayed in the top right corner of the screen?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 09:11 AM
You must Share the mission with them from your Episode list. They will not receive any item rewards unless they have actually received the mission from their own contact, but they can turn in the mission and get reduced skills/merits/etc. rewards. They do not need to have the mission to join you however, they should be able to enter any system that you, or any other group member, are presently on a mission for. You may have to enter the system first in order for them to follow.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the quick help LrdPhoenix, much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 02:56 PM
And is there a way to, say, have me and one or two of my bridge officers with him and one or two of his bridge officers?
When I teamed yesterday with my brother it was all my bridge officers and none of his.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 03:08 PM
When you zone in, one of the people in the group will get the right to change which people in the party can bring Boffs. Other people who are listed in the party, can change WHICH of their OWN Boffs to bring, as long as they're on that initial list.

I think if someone gets disconnected or joins late, they may not be listed on the "who brings what" list. I've seen this result in all of my boffs showing up (instead of some of mine and some of his), to having generic security npcs take up the spots. If the person shows up again later, it may boot randomly one of your Boffs to let the player join in.

If you have a full party of people doing a quest, you won't get an option to bring any Boffs at all.

And sometimes when it's buggy, you can't change which of your Boffs to bring.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boudicca00
...And sometimes when it's buggy, you can't change which of your Boffs to bring.
Actually, it does change, it just doesn't show that it has.

When I do the storyline missions, it's always with a couple of friends. A couple things we've found that tends to help:

- The leader should make the mission you're both doing primary in the Episode journal. That tends to help get everyone in the correct instance.

- The leader needs to share the mission being done so that people without the mssion can join in. As has been already mentioned, if it hasn't been done before or hasn't been received, they will still get a bit of a reward for helping.