Lt. Commander
# 1 Level III Kits, weapons etc...
02-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Hey all,

Does anyone know where I might go to trade and purchase level III goods?

Earth Starbase only seems to have level II... And I've been to K-7, but thet have much higher levels which I cant yet purchase!!

Any help??

Pete.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 03:03 AM
Loot, as far as i know and i think starbase 34, in the Sierra system (Alpha Centauri)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 03:04 AM
Starbase 39 Sierra System, Alpha Centauri Sector Block along the Romulan Border sells Mk III and some Mk IV equipment for energy credits. Make sure you go to Sierra System not Sierra Output System which is a different place.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 03:06 AM
Thanks so much guys! I'll trek over that way later on when the servers come back up!

(loving that they go down in the middle of the day for us Uk'ers!!! Specially a Sunday when I've got bugger all else to do!!)

Pete.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 03:07 AM
Just ignore the white stuff you get for energy credits and do exploration missions. You get green and later blue items for exploration badges, so far I have equipped every ship this way and reequipped my character after every promotion.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 03:39 AM
Yeah exploration is the way to go. You get exp and great loot at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 03:46 AM
I don't know guys. I have a lot of exploration equipment and spend a fair amount of time in the exploration clusters. However, I also have gobs of unspent energy credits. I'd recommend JustPete buy what he can at Starbase 39 first. That will let him determine where best to spend his exploration badges.

If you get all your equipment from the exploration clusters, I think you're going to end up outleveling the available non-exploration missions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 03:51 AM
Well Im RA 3 and I havent bought a single item so far. I just use the exploration badges and quest rewards. I dont see any valeu at all in energy. I have 1.3 million or so that I dont have any use for.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejin
I don't know guys. I have a lot of exploration equipment and spend a fair amount of time in the exploration clusters. However, I also have gobs of unspent energy credits. I'd recommend JustPete buy what he can at Starbase 39 first. That will let him determine where best to spend his exploration badges.

If you get all your equipment from the exploration clusters, I think you're going to end up outleveling the available non-exploration missions.
Not really, for example I finished the Iota Pavonis sector block yesterday before accepting the mission to go to DS9. Today I started there with the Badlands mission and was exactly the same level as the enemies. However I'm only doing "Defend the XXX Sector Block" missions once and otherwise making wide arcs around enemy signal contacts.