Lt. Commander
So why are these 2 abilities on the same cool down? Using one puts the other into a 20 second cooldown, like if you were using Torpedo High Yield I and Torpedo High Yield II. That would make sense if they were both powers from the same profession, like both Tactical powers, but they aren't.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 07:32 AM
While I do think these should share cooldown, I also think the 20 second is wayyy to high.. should be 10 at most..
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 07:33 AM
I must say i agree with the OP that this makes no sense.They are distinctlly different proffesions and should not share a cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivil View Post
I must say i agree with the OP that this makes no sense.They are distinctlly different proffesions and should not share a cooldown.
EACH ability uses one system Eng / Sci / Tac team uses 'Syetem: Crew.' Is it really that hard to understand ?

We need balance and common sense In this case we have both
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 09:52 AM
All abilities have a "system".
All beam abilities share the Beam system and will put eachother on shared CD.
All team abilities (Tactical Team, Science Team, Engineering Team, Boarding Party) share the Crew system and put eachother on shared CD.
etc
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 12:47 PM
They both utilize the system "Crew"
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Science 1 deals with Shields and Engineering 1 deals with hull damage why should they be on the same cooldown? Both have different officer requirements so it would seem to make more sense to me if they weren't on a shared cooldown. Even if they both utilize the system crew it seems to not make much sense.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicoid
EACH ability uses one system Eng / Sci / Tac team uses 'Syetem: Crew.' Is it really that hard to understand ?

We need balance and common sense In this case we have both
Well in that case should we also have longer cooldowns/effects on ships with less crew? Since they are all using crew numbers of it should also have some meaning and/or effect.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 10:45 PM
OP's got a point. Those stating the fact that the skills use the crew system have a point too.

answer:
Since we must all be able to realize that engineers and science personell are different people.. they should not share the exact same cooldown, for realizm sake. However, we can't go around popping double heal's off instantly.

- Make it so that if I ordered Engineering team 1 used, all engineering team skills would go into it's 20 second cooldown, but science would go into a 10 or 15 second cooldown.

and could we PLEASE get rid of healing my target's target bull? or at least give an option for it..
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfeous View Post
and could we PLEASE get rid of healing my target's target bull? or at least give an option for it..
Already exists. You can turn off assisting of target's target.

There really should be two options, one for assisting friendlies when using hostile abilities, another for assisting enemies when using friendly abilities, but there's only.