Lt. Commander
I have not had any graphics problems with the game so far. I played lastnight and had no problems. After patching this morning and logging in I am unable to play. The graphics have become so bad I can't see anything but random shapes unless I keep the camera angle at just the right spot and even then most of the screen is blacked out. I have tried adjusting the various video options and even gone as far as turning everything to off or to it's lowest settings. While this has helped clear the screen I still get random shapes going through the screen as I move either in a station or in space.

I have the latest drivers for this card. I made sure of that and even reinstalled them this morning.

I would appreciate any suggestions that can be given on this. I will try whatever it takes to get this working again.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 09:48 AM
i have the 4850 graphics card. Screw ATI drivers, use the microsoft WDM drivers. i have same issues with GW and WOW.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddybits View Post
i have the 4850 graphics card. Screw ATI drivers, use the microsoft WDM drivers. i have same issues with GW and WOW.
so this WDM driver? where do you get this? I searched for it but get pages talking about audio drivers and video capture drivers but nothing about video display card drivers.

If you could be a bit more specific on where to get this I would like to give it a shot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 11:53 AM
I have an ATI 4850 HD card as well, crashes the game at least twice a day, especially in ground combat...where are these WDM drivers you speak of? I've gotten the new directx 11 already, no change.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadelokk
I have an ATI 4850 HD card as well, crashes the game at least twice a day, especially in ground combat...where are these WDM drivers you speak of? I've gotten the new directx 11 already, no change.
Install ati's radeon HD 3200, (laptop version or pc version, both same) then updated 3200 one time, and you should be fine. its what i did, but i do notice it lags more on ati antialiasing buffers and gpu output gets choked, make sure hypermem is on, this makes a difference. set antialiasing off or to lowest setting 2x, then turn off shaders and dynamic lighting fx, and see if that clears the lag gpu choke.. hope this helps a little. btw dx isnt the issue, its the driver "from" ati cards, the dont have the right gpu throtle specs from the game yet, some sort of code malfunction on newer ati drivers are the problem and need to be patched. My friend on champions is screaming about it too, lol... so from 2 gamers on multiple comps and laptops, i hope this might help some peeps........:p:p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 12:28 PM
have you all tried turning off the dynamic lighting !? i have a 5870 and mine was unplayable on away missions but fine now iv turned the dynamic lighting off..

i read this idea on another thread by the way

sorry i havent had any probs after todays patch except the for random disconnects !!

which cat are you using iv been using 10.1 for over a week now...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 05:28 PM
i have a 4350 whats your processor at becasue that is usually the problem it may not be your video card its usually your motherboard and processor
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 02:05 AM
I have an ati hd 4850. No problems at the moment.
Lt. Commander
After trying to get on for so long and getting ticked off and and quitting the game and closing my account....

Then, trying to return and submitting a ticket and being told to try this and that...and also being told to update my drivers to the latest rev...this is the issue.

And yes, Cryptic new I had ATI HD 4800.

Wow....

I tried the suggestions above...no luck yet. And where is Cryptic in this? Who knows...no help whatsoever. Of course, they act like I am the only one with issues.
Lt. Commander
i think problems was before update drivers else we do not update it.
if you want to return to last drivers just restore system to a restore point before install video drivers .
i think this will not resolve all problems but at least some of them.