Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Dishonor System
02-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Klingons supposed to be an honorable race, but yet the growing list of players I'm seeing in STO are becoming anything but Honorable. For instance:

PvEvP: Players taking advantage of other players as they are already engaged in PvE combat, far from being honorable. In fact, there is even a STO Federation PvE moment where Klingons look highly upon aiding or being aided by a foe, against a greater foe.

Trash talking: I know Klingons like to trash talk, but some things being said in zone chat is getting to the point even Klingons would say, "Woah".

Feel free to add to this list.

So why not implement a Dishonor system that punishes these players from making this game become another WoW, where the mouth rules more than the sword?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Bashir: That doesn't sound very honorable to me.
Worf: In war, there is nothing more honorable than victory.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Well luckly I am an honorless Gorn. This idea is impossible to implement.

I also understand Feds are meant to be the "good guys" who dont shoot people in the back or when they can not fight back so maybe feds should be punished for shooting an exploited/exposed foe or from a flanking posision.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Klingons supposed to be an honorable race, but yet the growing list of players I'm seeing in STO are becoming anything but Honorable. For instance:

PvEvP: Players taking advantage of other players as they are already engaged in PvE combat, far from being honorable. In fact, there is even a STO Federation PvE moment where Klingons look highly upon aiding or being aided by a foe, against a greater foe.
You have to blame the system and not the players for this. The current PvP and PvEvP systems reward what you call "dishonorable" play. This is cryptic's fault, but then again are we surprised? They clearly have no desire to create a deep and rich Klingon experience.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
Bashir: That doesn't sound very honorable to me.
Worf: In war, there is nothing more honorable than victory.
Ah, touche'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
You have to blame the system and not the players for this. The current PvP and PvEvP systems reward what you call "dishonorable" play. This is cryptic's fault, but then again are we surprised? They clearly have no desire to create a deep and rich Klingon experience.
That's the truth. Cryptic makes the Klingons be nothing but the brutes that love fighting, than a culture that respects honor.

I know Cryptic has a hard-on for Klingons in giving them favoratism, but they could easily implement a system that detects you firing on a person that's already engaged in PvE combat. So if you attack that person, you get a dishonor point and have certain privalages taken away.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Trash talking: I know Klingons like to trash talk, but some things being said in zone chat is getting to the point even Klingons would say, "Woah".
There is a lot more trash talk from the Fed's side than the Klingon side, soon i will start posting some of the nicer screenshots from the Federation trash talking or insulting the Klingon players

Quote:
I know Cryptic has a hard-on for Klingons in giving them favoratism

The Klingons Faction are favored by Cryptic???
got no PvE
level restricted on the Nebulas or Fleet actions
wait 6 minutes after finish a "round" in the Nebula, Fed's just hop to the next map and can finish all 3 in about 10to 15 minutes.
less hull and shield comparing wit the Fed's ships.
gear anyone... Fed's can get blue and Purple out of Quests, what do Klingons get?
more content for the Fed's

And you said that Klingons are the Favorite for Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 12:33 PM
If there is going to be a Dishonour System for Klingons, then there should be a Reprimand System for Federation.

In my mind, both such systems already exist and are merged into one game-wide system: Report Spam (which automatically puts the person on your Ignore List), or Request GM Help (Report Behaviour).
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
If there is going to be a Dishonour System for Klingons, then there should be a Reprimand System for Federation.

In my mind, both such systems already exist and are merged into one game-wide system: Report Spam (which automatically puts the person on your Ignore List), or Request GM Help (Report Behaviour).
I'll agree with that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khupa
[color="Orange"][center]

The Klingons Faction are favored by Cryptic???
got no PvE
level restricted on the Nebulas or Fleet actions
wait 6 minutes after finish a "round" in the Nebula, Fed's just hop to the next map and can finish all 3 in about 10to 15 minutes.
less hull and shield comparing wit the Fed's ships.
gear anyone... Fed's can get blue and Purple out of Quests, what do Klingons get?
more content for the Fed's

And you said that Klingons are the Favorite for Cryptic
Thanks for pointing that out, Khupa. I saw that and was about to respond when I saw your reply
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 01:53 PM
The solution here is faction chat, not zone chat. Only points that should be taken away are for Klingons who hide in cloak while their comrades fight the good fight.