Lt. Commander
As you all know , Star Trek is one of the greatest franchises of all time spawning TV show's movies games , ext , ext .

I would love to hear some of your favorite Star Trek TV episodes , movies , scenes of all times !

As for movies I loved the new Star Trek movie !!

As for Next Gen movies I really likes nemesis and First contact .

TOS I really liked the Voyage home and the Wrath of Khan .

As for my favorite TV episode , i couldn't pick just one ..
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 03:04 PM
The Scene where Kirk activates the self destruct on the enterprise(wok)

Picard saw 5 lights

Spock's Death

I liked George Kirk's scene in the new Trek

Voyager's Dr becomes the emergency command hologram

Odo and Loxwanna trapped together- that scene pretty much redeemed what had always been an annoying character for me

Q and Picards exchange at the end of 'all good things'
Lt. Commander
I was in aw during my first time seeing the new movie. the franchise come back was the best moment!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm probably an enormous pansy for this, but my all-time favorite Star Trek moment was at the end of "The Inner Light" (season 5 of TNG) where Picard is looking out the porthole, holding the Ressikan flute.

The reason it's my favorite is that I simply can't fathom what living an entire lifetime in the space of 20 minutes could possibly be like. The thoughts and emotions that must come as a product of waking up after living 30 some odd years somewhere else and having to go on with life, with everyone around you only having perceived 20 minutes of time passing... it's beyond my comprehension, and I think it's one of the best concepts Star Trek has ever played around with.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 03:23 PM
id have to say my favorite Star Trek moment:

Was when in Voyager when Tom Paris Acheives warp factor Ten, and is everywhere in the universe all at once. and he and Janeway get turned into salamanders and make a new species on some random planet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 03:40 PM
I love the new movie, saw it 6 times. Even though Kirk was not the Captain, the innate spirit of the man was a born leader/captain. By his very nature he was the captain: as evidenced when he confronts Spock on the bridge about hunting down Nero and screams "I will not allow this ship to turn around for some tea party" or something like that before Spock maroons him on the ice planet. The true leadership of the man was in full evidence. They did an awesome job with the character.

I also liked Shatner in the Undiscovered Country when they were talking about making peace with the Klingons and he almost breaks down and says "They killed my Son"

Lots more favs, but these 2 stand out right now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
..... was at the end of "The Inner Light" (season 5 of TNG) where Picard is looking out the porthole, holding the Ressikan flute.
Picard brooding orr silent is one oef the most powerful scenes in Trek TV. 1. The inner light scene at the end with him looking at the flute was one of my top.

2. Another was in "Preemptive Strike" where Riker tells Picard about Lr. Ro and leaves Picard alone.....seeing Picard sitting silent, you can feel the hearbrokeness.

Those are my top 2 in all of trek shows. I was too young for ST:2 Spock scene.

My other top moments was (trying to keep it spolier free):

3. Chekov asking Cold War America for Nuclear Wessels....
4. Jadzia Dax modeling her TOS uniform
5. Any scenes with Garak.
6. Damar at the series finale.
7. The entire episode of "Cause and Effect"
8. Final shot of Undiscovered Country.
9. Enterprise coming out of Warp Guns blazing in Star Trek (2009)
10. The final seconds of Kirks's dad screaming "I love you" to his wife.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 06:09 PM
So far all of you have sighted some great Star Trek moments !!!

I had to chuckle after reading some of them

Another moment worth mention is when Trip from Enterprise learned that he was pregnant
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkAthena View Post
9. Enterprise coming out of Warp Guns blazing in Star Trek (2009)
This actually reminds me of one of my favorite moments in science fiction - it's not Star Trek, I know, but it's an excellent moment - in the reimagined Battlestar Galactica, when Galactica jumps right onto the Colony's front doorstep, guns blazing.

But that's quite enough "not Star Trek" out of me.

Another great moment in ST:TNG is in the episode, "Darmok," (another favorite of mine) where Picard pieces together the story of Darmok and Jilad at Tanagra, and then tells Captain Dathon the story of Gilgamesh and Enkidu at Uruk in return. That whole scene by the campfire (and the whole story of Picard and Dathon at El-Adrel) is very, very well done.

Season 5 of TNG is my favorite season, if you hadn't guessed.