Lt. Commander
# 1 Power Levels?
02-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Is it possible to make a custom power arrangement? I know you can select if you want all power to shields, weapons, or thrusters. But is there a way to make a custom setting? So maybe you could prioritize your levels based on the ship you have?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Not to my knowledge. It may be possible at levels above Lieutenant. I can't speak for those.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 08:32 PM
At the top of your power level box thing, theres those buttons that do full power to shields etc like you said, the one at the right lets you choose different power level boxes, choosing 3 lets you adjust the power levels manually. Is that what you mean?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 08:35 PM
It sounds like that's what he means. So, yeah. Click 3 and that opens a window where the display becomes a series of sliders you can manually manuever. Actually, I think you can do that in all 3 modes, it's just easier in that one. If you hit the icon at the top of the slider tray it'll go to the default (balanced, shields, etc) for that setting. But if you don't hit one of the defaults the sliders stay where you put them. There's also a small lock at the top of each slider that you can click; this will lock the power in place even if you hit the default.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor12345 View Post
At the top of your power level box thing, theres those buttons that do full power to shields etc like you said, the one at the right lets you choose different power level boxes, choosing 3 lets you adjust the power levels manually. Is that what you mean?
That's probably what the OP means.

To elaborate, the basic numerical power window display is '1'.

'2' is just a graphical bar representation of the above, no extra functionality.

'3' lets you manually manipulate the sliders. Once you have a given slider at the point where you want it (the numerical setting is displayed when you move a slider), you can click 'lock' to fix that power setting in place, and then move the remaining sliders.

When you hit the 'save' button, it...well, saves the preset you just made. This overrides the current power preset. If you save a custom setting in place of 'Attack' (100 to weapons), the button that used to activate 'Attack' will now activate your custom preset.

You will need to configure your custom presets for each of your ships. When you earn a new ship, your power presets do not carry over.