Lt. Commander
Ok i just got my new Cruiser at lvl 11now mobs at my lvl do different types of damage what would be optimal for weapons and shields for an engineer?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 09:09 PM
I love the shields that negate 20% of phaser/disruptor damage.. for most of the game those are the common damage types up until Cardassian space.

And I stick with phasers, partly due to it being canon and partly due to the fact that they own on a Cruiser, because we have so many phasers the 5% subsystem offline proc is almost always active.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Dual Banks up front and arrays in the rear. You may want to think disruptors instead of phasers cause if the game is thinking "canon" then many npcs in that tier will probably have some resistance to phasers. But its really more which proc you prefer. Phaser can take down a random system while disruptors may knock down foes damage resistance for all your following attacks.

And shields with a cruiser go with the highest total shield and make sure you get Science Team and Emergency Power To Shields. And an Engineering team is not a bad thing. That or something to boost what ever weapons you have.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 09:56 PM
is it worth putting in mark 4's they don't seem to do much more damage onless there is a tier bonus?.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 01:26 AM
4x Phaser Beam Array, EPS Flow Regulators and power set to weapons. Circle enemy and let go of your broadside. Will cut through anyone at a fast pace, cruisers excel at broadsides. Covariant shields are great for the cruisers, especially if you can find [Cap]x2 ones. You just need a buffer, recharge rate doesn't matter much as you got plenty of healing.

EDIT: typo