Lt. Commander
These are just some suggested -- in my opinion needed -- changes for the Exchange.

Price Filtering - The ability to set max-min prices for your search results.

Sorting - The ability to change result sorting. Currently it sorts by recent first. Sorting should be able to switch between post age, Item Name, and Price.

MK - Currently there is a lot of trouble with searching for things by their MK. It would be best to have the MK as a drop down like rarity.

Paging Problem - When buying an item on any page other than the first, the game is losing the page and have to search all over again.

::edit::
Other improvement possibilities brought up

Jump To Page - No real reason to have to flip through pages individually when you know which one you need.

Filtering By Rarity -- And Higher - Would be convenient to be able to show uncommon, and higher or rare and higher. Just a more complete feel for what you're looking for.

Coloured Name Text - Colouring the name of an item to coincide with it's rarity.

Filter Results - The Ability to filter your current search results. This is a useful way for people to look for something such as phaser cannons... Search "Phaser" then filter "Cannon".
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 11:16 PM
+1

Seriously - I was just ranting about this over Vent earlier today. >.<

I'd love to see something fancier like the Auctioneer mod for WoW, being able to track price histories, what's selling or not, what people are paying inflated prices for, etc., but pretty much everything you mentioned should have been in there from the start as basic functionality. Nothing like having to buy multiple common deflector dishes for crafting, finding them buried on the 6th page of results, having to fight through all the Tachyon/Graviton/etc. models you don't want to get to them, and then having the entire thing break and reset on every purchase. X.X

Not to mention the stupid 5 second timer trying to flip through said pages...! Talk about a slap in the face.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 05:07 AM
I had the same experience when searching for officers -- also annoying that only common officers tell you their gender -- found the last page had 8 officers I wanted to buy... each time had to go back through 5 pages and each page had to wait 5 seconds...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 08:16 AM
My personal pet peeve is searching for a simple item, say Deflector Array Mk IV... and having to search through 50 pages of Positronic Def Array MK IV, Tachyon Def Array MK IV, and whatever else they have.

Definitely need filtering by name.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Anyone else notice that when they enter the exchange their framerates go to crap?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 02:29 AM
ALL I want is a sort by price function!!! PLEASE!!! 3 patches has come and gone and each time I pray for this. That to me is urgent...because I am buying stuff that is not the best price because I get bored sifting through 300 pages of shields or phaser rifles etc.

PLEASE! For heaven sakes! All I want as an added feature is the SORT BY PRICE function. PLEASE!!!!

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Great suggestions. It's cumbersome, to say the least, to wade through six pages of "(1x) Small Shield Charge - 100,000,000 credits" listings before finding serious sellers -- without knowing which page you're on or how many are coming up.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V415 View Post
Anyone else notice that when they enter the exchange their framerates go to crap?
Honestly I've never noticed this... but my settings are set low enough that whatever triggers it may not trigger on mine
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 05:07 AM
The same sort of overhaul has been requested in CO since it launched - STO is based on the CO engine so it inherited a lot of the UI and the AH/Exchange is virtually identical. It is still on the wish list with no target date - don't hold your breath waiting.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2010, 09:01 AM
how many Exchange threads do we need?

Use the search button and you'll find about 15 saying the same things.