Lt. Commander
Every time i want to activate engineering team for myself i have to hit escape to cancel my target so i will not put engineering team on the target of my target because of assist.
Assist should not work on enemies, if i want to heal an ally i target him directly.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 04:20 AM
Look through your control options.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 05:59 AM
I have yet to run into this...

Every time I hit Eng Team, it heals me...unless I specifically have an ally targeted...

Is this a glitch with the targeting system or something?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 06:48 AM
STOs targeting system is not THAT hard to understand ^^

first of all: you target a friend, you will use "backup skills" on him.

second: you target an enemy, the backup skill will be cast on you. UNLESS: the enemy has another friend in it's aim (eg, not you but a chummer), then you will switch to the friendly target and use your skill on it.
when you continue shooting after that, the target will automatically switch to the enemy target of your friendly target.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 06:52 AM
I actually love this function in PvP and PvE.

It allows me to monitor my allies condition without having to click on him every few seconds to make sure he is doing ok.

I just click the ability, it pops on him, mission accomplished! If I want to use it on myself, I just click dead space to deselect my opponent and bam I healed myself.

Not too bad of a deal since I use science team and eng team on other people far more than I use it on myself these days anyway.