Lt. Commander
# 1 The Day After Valentines day
02-15-2010, 04:02 AM
Being that this is "the day after" Valentines day, it should be a day reserved to remember the great "romantic failures" of ours, what is your greatest romantic failure ?

I want to hear some other peoples epic love fails, but I definatly have a few I want to share.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 04:15 AM
Yesterday, I thought it would be funny to give my girlfriend a potato for Valentine's Day.

Yes, a potato.

Let me explain.

What does a rose signify? Well, let's take a look at roses. They're very pretty, yes... but besides looking nice, do they have any purpose? Can they be eaten? Yes, but not for nourishment. Can they be used as a power source? Anything at all? No. They're useless. Secondly, they live no more than a couple of days, and that's if you put them in water.

So what does a rose say about a relationship? "Our relationship is based entirely upon looks, and won't last very long."

But a potato.

Potatoes may be ugly, but they're useful. You can cook and eat them. They can be cooked in hundreds of ways. You can even eat them raw! And they last forever! Even when they have little green things growing from them, you can just cut those off, and you're still okay to eat it! They can even be used as a makeshift battery! Potatoes are very useful, and last forever. Quite the opposite of roses, yes?

So shouldn't a potato be the greatest symbol of love?

I thought so.

...she didn't.

(Don't worry, we're still together, she's not that shallow, but she was kind of unhappy. :p)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Aww. That is actually kinda sweet when you put it like that SaintHazard.

Getting cut and beaten by an ex. Does that count?
But it did lead to the most epic romantic win.
Saved by a knight in shining armor... aka current boyfriend.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Aww. That is actually kinda sweet when you put it like that SaintHazard.
I thought so!

Quote:
Getting cut and beaten by an ex. Does that count?
Nope, that'd be filed under "failures on HIS part."

Quote:
But it did lead to the most epic romantic win.
Saved by a knight in shining armor... aka current boyfriend.
Like, literally? He was wearing armor? 'Cause that'd be pretty awesome.

Edit: Also, Chat can call me Hazard, or just Haz.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
I thought so!
Yeah.

Quote:
Nope, that'd be filed under "failures on HIS part."
True that. But Chat did fall in love with him once upon a time long long ago.
Note for future posts... Chat does not blame herself for getting beaten.

Quote:
Like, literally? He was wearing armor? 'Cause that'd be pretty awesome.
Well... In Chats demented view on life he did. :p
He actually took the train and was wearing a black jacket but ehh... Details details.
Quote:
Edit: Also, Chat can call me Hazard, or just Haz.
Chat is thinking... Hazzy!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 04:29 AM
Worst love failure?
Yelling "But I love you!" to a girl while she runs away from your room with you naked in company of another naked girl.
And ending up getting slapped by girl #2 once she was done getting dressed in the bathroom.

And from this we can all learn a lesson: When you're cheating on your girl, tell your brother to NOT let the cheated upon girlfriend inside the house. My excuse, I was 17.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Well... In Chats demented view on life he did. :p
He actually took the train and was wearing a black jacket but ehh... Details details.
Black jacket, eh? Matrix style?

Trust me, we'll turn him into a bad*ss before the day is through. :p

Quote:
Chat is thinking... Hazzy!
Fine with me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Yesterday, I thought it would be funny to give my girlfriend a potato for Valentine's Day.

Yes, a potato.

Let me explain.

What does a rose signify? Well, let's take a look at roses. They're very pretty, yes... but besides looking nice, do they have any purpose? Can they be eaten? Yes, but not for nourishment. Can they be used as a power source? Anything at all? No. They're useless. Secondly, they live no more than a couple of days, and that's if you put them in water.

So what does a rose say about a relationship? "Our relationship is based entirely upon looks, and won't last very long."

But a potato.

Potatoes may be ugly, but they're useful. You can cook and eat them. They can be cooked in hundreds of ways. You can even eat them raw! And they last forever! Even when they have little green things growing from them, you can just cut those off, and you're still okay to eat it! They can even be used as a makeshift battery! Potatoes are very useful, and last forever. Quite the opposite of roses, yes?

So shouldn't a potato be the greatest symbol of love?

I thought so.

...she didn't.

(Don't worry, we're still together, she's not that shallow, but she was kind of unhappy. :p)
If we're gonna be lifting jokes wholesale from comedians, we could at least be giving them due credit!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorak View Post
If we're gonna be lifting jokes wholesale from comedians, we could at least be giving them due credit!
I wasn't even aware it WAS the work of a comedian. I got the idea from bash.org.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 05:17 AM
The day after Valentine's Day is the day before my wedding anniversary