Lt. Commander
I seem to have a problem ever since I switched to Torpedo High Yield 2. About a quarter of the time it seems like the power fails to work. I activate it and then when I fire my torpedo launcher it grays out and goes into the refire cool down yet nothing has fired. It's really frustrating to have to wait another 30 seconds to use THY2 because it failed to fire in the first place.

Anyone else experience this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Yeah. Both high yield I and II glitch sometimes if I try to fire too quickly after using it or another skill. Makes my beam overload, HYT barrage combo fail half the time. The bad part is that when it glitches it doesn't just not fire, but I lose the skill so I can't swing around and fire aft to get it in.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 01:17 AM
yeah, same here! over the past few days im experiencing the above mentioned too. seems to go to gether with a target coming out of the firing arc!?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 01:21 AM
Yeah it seems to happen when the shot fails because the target moves out of the arc, the weapon triggers but then nothing comes out. It really is an irritating bug. It wouldn't be so bad except the skill goes on cool down so you can't even try to take another shot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 02:52 AM
I think its you try to fire too fast. I have this problem, and have since forced myself to give the game 2 seconds to register the skill. Never had a problem since. Could be code, could be lag /shrug
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 03:35 AM
That is not a bug, your target left the torpedo arc and No. 3 torpedo cannot target it.

I have HY III so I had that a few times and even tried to do that intentional to confirm the mechanics.

Working as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance-Zg
That is not a bug, your target left the torpedo arc and No. 3 torpedo cannot target it.

I have HY III so I had that a few times and even tried to do that intentional to confirm the mechanics.

Working as intended.
It's my impression that a lot of times this has happened to me, absolutely nothing has been launched though (not even one), like the shot was aborted before firing. In that case I feel like it should not go on cool down. I guess I could be wrong and one or two shots did fire. I'll have to pay more attention, I guess.

I guess now that I'm aware of it I'll be more careful about lining up my shots and see if it solves the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
seems to happen when the shot fails because the target moves out of the arc, the weapon triggers but then nothing comes out.
This is it exactly.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Ok I've tested some more and I don't think it's due to losing angle on the target. It happens even when I am facing straight toward the enemy. I think it's a bug of some sort.