Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 My Romulans are Bajorans..
02-16-2010, 05:42 AM
I did not submit a bug report because (1) I don't remember the name of the mission anymore and (2) I'm lazy.

But there's a mission in the Psi Velorum sector block where you're supposed to haul medical supplies to
a breakaway romulan colony that's suffering a plague. You beam down to investigate the nature of the plague, develop a cure and heal the people, all the while fighting Reman mobs. Only problem is the sick romulans are Bajorans, Benzites, Humans and freaking Andorians in starfleet uniforms!

Cryptic just might want to investigate this bug. I got my skill points and have moved on. Good day.

EB
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 06:04 AM
I reported it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 06:10 AM
Looked up the Ticket. The mission is called "Friend of My Enemy".
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Yeah I reported it too back in OB. Probably low on the list of priorities, but I'm sure they know about it. I had another issue where the last terminal wouldn't activate if you did them out of their intended order. I think that was fixed. I guess they bumped the fed uniforms down the list of priorities because it's purely aesthetic. Not being able to activate the terminal ticked me off way more than the uniforms
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Funny. Mine were vulcan at first. I even said to a friend that a Romulan is wearing a starfleet uniform here and he asked was I sure it wasn't a vulcan. I took a few more steps and another was a ferrengi. But after going inside the bulding and coming back out to heal them, most were Romulans. That mission seems to randomize the people on the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliedelta View Post
Yeah I reported it too back in OB. Probably low on the list of priorities, but I'm sure they know about it. I had another issue where the last terminal wouldn't activate if you did them out of their intended order. I think that was fixed. I guess they bumped the fed uniforms down the list of priorities because it's purely aesthetic. Not being able to activate the terminal ticked me off way more than the uniforms
You have to admit, though, that at the very least it doesn't look good for Crypitc - it reeks of "we don't care about qualiity", which I'm sure is not the case. I have to wonder if a bug like this is low on the list of priorities, what bugs that I have not yet encountered are higher on the list of priorities.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Look through the forums. Off the top of my head, there's issues with BO pathing in general, and specific issues in a couple of maps...there's a problem many are having with the space bar not firing their weapons, some people are reporting they can't enter systems to start the patrols or episodes to begin with, the fact that /stuck does nothing currently and the ensuing debate of quality of support service, There's server stability, billing and support, graphics glitches (that would be higher up on the list of priorities than fed uni's on rommies) the "great autofire debate" of 2010 and the list goes on, I'm sure. Not all of them are going to affect you and you might only see a fraction of them (hopefully) Personally, if I were to prioritize them, the only one I saw that would show up after the fed uni's is the one where someone complained that the orion females were missing belly buttons. I'd fix the fed uni's before that Otherwise, they've got alot on their plate at the moment, and alongside having staff to enable fixes for these, they have to continue to develop future content (episodes, raids, PvP maps etc...) and internally test and fix content we can't even see yet. Thats a big slice of pie. (I'm all for pie, but one can only eat so much, y'know?)

They're not sitting back in easy chairs counting money. Thats what the fat cats in ivory towers like Atari do. The code monkeys have to work hard to avoid the beatings.

edit: I forgot, if they didn't care about quality, they wouldn't be fixing things
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeyer View Post
You have to admit, though, that at the very least it doesn't look good for Crypitc - it reeks of "we don't care about qualiity", which I'm sure is not the case. I have to wonder if a bug like this is low on the list of priorities, what bugs that I have not yet encountered are higher on the list of priorities.
I imagine it is low on priority. They're probably going to be more concerned with bugs that prevent people from advancing along as well as ones that shake stability.