Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Weird moment but cool
02-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Ok, I'm fairly new to the game as I've only been playing a few days and still find myself lost in places lol. But one thing made me smile, my ship is named the USS Thunderchild and as I'm wandering around trying to find my way I come across anoher THunderchild!!

So this got me thinking, how many people have the ship name Thunderchild and secondly how many doubles or even triples are out there for names

Alex Black
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-16-2010, 10:17 AM
One thing I found funny last night in zone chat was a newly promoted captain who found out his new ship is called USS Beaver.

I mean just imagine it, the Admiral giving you the promotion speech, all the present officers in their dress uniforms, its the high point of your career - and then you find out you just became a commanding officer of USS Beaver.

There must have been some suppressed laughs in the audience, that's for sure.

EDIT: Now I remember I did see one more Max Power, in the zone chat, but the damn Undine impostor ran away before I could close to weapon range!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB324
One thing I found funny last night in zone chat was a newly promoted captain who found out his new ship is called USS Beaver.

I mean just imagine it, the Admiral giving you the promotion speech, all the present officers in their dress uniforms, its the high point of your career - and then you find out you just became a commanding officer of USS Beaver.
I'll have you know that my first American ancestor arrived in New Amsterdam aboard a ship called The Bever (Dutch for Beaver). :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDervish
I'll have you know that my first American ancestor arrived in New Amsterdam aboard a ship called The Bever (Dutch for Beaver). :p
I stand corrected, Sir. It seems the name has a history then.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-16-2010, 02:34 PM
They were in dress uniform? I can't wait to see that. So far the officers have only /salute me. Currently a Lt. Cmdr.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-16-2010, 03:02 PM
i saw a USS Pooper Scooper the other day.


it made me shake my head and wonder what this world is coming to


Perhaps a USS kittylitter is in order?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Black
Ok, I'm fairly new to the game as I've only been playing a few days and still find myself lost in places lol. But one thing made me smile, my ship is named the USS Thunderchild and as I'm wandering around trying to find my way I come across anoher THunderchild!!

So this got me thinking, how many people have the ship name Thunderchild and secondly how many doubles or even triples are out there for names

Alex Black
I've honestly never seen another U.S.S. Libra. Kinda strange, I thought the name would be pretty common!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 PM.