Lt. Commander
# 1 Weird moment but cool
02-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Ok, I'm fairly new to the game as I've only been playing a few days and still find myself lost in places lol. But one thing made me smile, my ship is named the USS Thunderchild and as I'm wandering around trying to find my way I come across anoher THunderchild!!

So this got me thinking, how many people have the ship name Thunderchild and secondly how many doubles or even triples are out there for names

Alex Black
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 10:17 AM
One thing I found funny last night in zone chat was a newly promoted captain who found out his new ship is called USS Beaver.

I mean just imagine it, the Admiral giving you the promotion speech, all the present officers in their dress uniforms, its the high point of your career - and then you find out you just became a commanding officer of USS Beaver.

There must have been some suppressed laughs in the audience, that's for sure.

EDIT: Now I remember I did see one more Max Power, in the zone chat, but the damn Undine impostor ran away before I could close to weapon range!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB324
One thing I found funny last night in zone chat was a newly promoted captain who found out his new ship is called USS Beaver.

I mean just imagine it, the Admiral giving you the promotion speech, all the present officers in their dress uniforms, its the high point of your career - and then you find out you just became a commanding officer of USS Beaver.
I'll have you know that my first American ancestor arrived in New Amsterdam aboard a ship called The Bever (Dutch for Beaver). :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDervish
I'll have you know that my first American ancestor arrived in New Amsterdam aboard a ship called The Bever (Dutch for Beaver). :p
I stand corrected, Sir. It seems the name has a history then.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 02:34 PM
They were in dress uniform? I can't wait to see that. So far the officers have only /salute me. Currently a Lt. Cmdr.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 03:02 PM
i saw a USS Pooper Scooper the other day.

it made me shake my head and wonder what this world is coming to

Perhaps a USS kittylitter is in order?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Black
Ok, I'm fairly new to the game as I've only been playing a few days and still find myself lost in places lol. But one thing made me smile, my ship is named the USS Thunderchild and as I'm wandering around trying to find my way I come across anoher THunderchild!!

So this got me thinking, how many people have the ship name Thunderchild and secondly how many doubles or even triples are out there for names

Alex Black
I've honestly never seen another U.S.S. Libra. Kinda strange, I thought the name would be pretty common!