Lt. Commander
# 1 Duelling
02-17-2010, 05:49 AM
I was looking forward to some PVP where you could have 1 on 1 battles.

As far as Fed v Fed is concerned, they could be classes as training activities. I would love to be able to battle someone to see who has the most powerful ship, best skills etc. It would also be a good opportunity to try out different tactics.

Fed v Klingon is easy to explain with random meetings through their travels.

This would be a fantastic addition which would compliment the existing larger scale PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 05:51 AM
Arenas would be nice, 1vs1

No cloaking possible.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Actualy it should have cloaking enabled. As the whole hull/shields of both sides are balanced around the cloaking device.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Actualy it should have cloaking enabled. As the whole hull/shields of both sides are balanced around the cloaking device.
Nope, no one wants a duel that can be stretched to 10 hours.

in 1vs1 the dps is so low that you can easily get away and recloak, wait all CDs and start from 0. We dont want that. Something has to be done as recloaking is way too easy vs 1 dps.

when there is multiple enemys, then the run tactic dont work so well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 06:17 AM
There should certainly be a limit on the amount of clocking as it would be a waste of time otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post

in 1vs1 the dps is so low that you can easily get away and recloak, wait all CDs and start from 0. We dont want that. Something has to be done as recloaking is way too easy vs 1 dps.

You doing something wrong then. 1vs1 people can kill each other pretty fast.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 07:20 AM
Quote:

Sorry, I guess you only get to use half your guns, no torps, or half your shields and 1 of your bridge officers is sick...then that'd be ok with no cloak.

Check the difference in shields and hull with Fed vs Klingon and then justify the no cloak bull.

1v1 duelling would be a great option, and the details can be set up with a few options between the duelists.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Here come the "FIGHT CLUBS" ladies and gentlemen!

I can see it now - two ships in an obscure part of the Solar Winds map.

A pugger sees them fighting, zooms in, starts shooting.

The cries of, "WTF MAN WE'RE DUELING DUDEE!!!!!!"
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 08:02 AM
In ground PVP, sometimes when teams are uneven, we offer to 1 vs 1 duel the outnumbered side. Say there are 2 Feds vs 5 Klingons. We then agree that whoever bumps into an enemy first gets to engage in a 1 vs 1 duel with them. This helps keep the match more fair and reduces chances of the outnumbered team, Feds in this example, from leaving the match entirely and delaying all of us from getting points.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2010, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Arenas would be nice, 1vs1

No cloaking possible.
I think it should be optional for 1v1 duels. Just a little tickbox to enable or disable cloak. If both sides agree either way then they can go ahead with the duel.

I know that if I was to duel with my brother for example he wouldn't mind if I used cloak and vice versa. And if you are dueling for RP purposes it seems unfair to have blanket ban on cloak, especially if you want to use it. In fact you could say you don't even need a ban on cloak in 1v1. If you're fighting a friend then you can agree beforehand. If you fight a stranger and they grief you somehow with the cloak then report them, ignore them and don't play them again.