Lt. Commander
# 1 BO does not cast Stealth on me
02-18-2010, 04:34 PM
If I select myself and activate a BO skill (e.g. heal or shield-recharge) the BO use the skill on me but that does not work with stealth from tactical BO. Please fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druuna
If I select myself and activate a BO skill (e.g. heal or shield-recharge) the BO use the skill on me but that does not work with stealth from tactical BO. Please fix it.
Not every ground BO power is a self-or-other buff. The player Stealth kit power is self-only, so it makes sense to be that for the bridge officer.

And accordingly not very useful, really.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Working as intended. It's a self buff only.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Sorry but makes absolutely no sense if this skill can't be used on me.

As it is now I can stealth my tactical BO and then what? Nothing! This gives me zero advantage so this skill is completely useless.

A tactical captain can have advantage from having science- and engineer-BOs, in the same way I as science- or engineer-captain want have the advantage from having a tactical BO.

Really devs, if this skill will not be fixed then better remove it because nobody will ever use it!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 05:38 PM
It works as an agro dump and has a chance to expose enemies around you when you use it, but yeah, it's pretty useless compared to your other choices.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I use stealth to complete missions quickly without engaging in combat. Just stealth, run to objective, collect it/activate it/scan it, move to next one.

Very useful, saves TONS of time.

Also useful for getting behind a group of enemies while your team engages them, then unload a split beam attack with target optics for incredible damage. Also useful for breaking aggro. I could go on.

Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druuna
That's a self only buff, which makes it useless on a bridge officer because as soon as you fire at someone, they'll do the same, and have to decloak.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Combine stealth with ambush, and it can be useful on a bridge officer.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2010, 06:30 PM
you have a wizard for a tactical officer? cool! my Boff's dont "cast" any spells, but they do know a few tricks, having graduated from starfleet.