Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
It's not the lack of PvE content. It's not being treated like a second class faction. It's not having less sector space. And it is definitely not the lack of crafting or lack of real episodes.

The most horrendous injustice by far is that we are unable to access our Del Taco pet shuttle! The only reason I pre-ordered this game was so that I could ride along in my cloaked BoP with my uncloaked shuttle humming along as a little decoy. I was really in the mood for Taco Bell, but I drove an extra two blocks out of my way to get Del Taco instead. That's the cost of the cup plus at least another 7 cents in gas. No where on that cup, which coincidentally was of a Klingon bird of prey, does it say "shuttle for Fed-rats only." Just change the paint job to green and call it captured Fed technology, do whatever it takes to get my Klingon a pet shuttle...

Seriously though, I like playing a Klingon and will continue to do so. You probably clicked this thread because you feel slighted as a Klingon and want to share your 2 cents. Hang in there, guys. I'm sure Cryptic will add SOMETHING to our faction to satiate our hunger for battle. In the meantime, take it all in stride. Remember that there are other Klingons riding out the storm with you. This game could use a healthy Klingon population to help it succeed long term, and losing that means losing Klink AND Fed subscriptions. They'll work something out, and remember in the end, it's just a game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
KAPLAH!

incidentally, to cheer you up, at the end of the beta there was an event where Klingons invaded Federation space. the first Klingon to get there beamed down to earth, stealthed, and bought a federation galaxy-class starship from the vendor. then he beamed out and headed back to Q'onos space with his stolen Federation craft.

It was glorious.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Emperor
KAPLAH!

incidentally, to cheer you up, at the end of the beta there was an event where Klingons invaded Federation space. the first Klingon to get there beamed down to earth, stealthed, and bought a federation galaxy-class starship from the vendor. then he beamed out and headed back to Q'onos space with his stolen Federation craft.

It was glorious.
Ha! I remember that. I was playing my Fed who was Rear Admiral 3 at the end of Open Beta, but I thought the event was pretty fun... except for the HORDES of Fed noobs spawn camping all the Klingons and making life miserable for them. Defending Sector 001 from the Borg was pretty fun though.

The thing about the Klingons is that they were literally an afterthought. The original intent was for the game to be Fed only at launch, but due to player outcry they made Klingons playable too, but because of limited developement time they had a lot less time to build content for them. At the time they brought this up and the concensus in the player base was that they would rather have half finished Klingons then none at all. I think it was a good call personally since I love my Klingon Captain. Even though I wish there was more PvE content I'm not really complaining since I enjoy the PvP. If I want to PvE I just play on Fed side.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Klingons are anything but polished, there is room for two more sector blocks below our main sector block...perhaps we could add a story revolving a new faction starting invading our galaxy from the edge of Klingon space? Also, Klingon beaming still is blue....I have been whining about this for weeks and its been an issue for months. Why in gods name dont they fix such a simple thing that would make Klingons feel more Klingon and add a small bit of much needed polish? Also, the Raptor is underpowered...I love the Quorgh but it explodes way too easily and I have to stick wiith my K'tinga to be effective. Also, those klingon exploration clusters better be coming soon...im beginning to go insane doing cracked planet and solar wind over and over and over again.