Lt. Commander
# 1 MY Own STO
02-20-2010, 12:25 AM
I just came up with a plan to satisfy every one for those who are leaving and those who take the leaving people to serious.

Leaving Fan Boys

I know some of you are FANS of ST (some have said so in their leaving topics; not many though). So here is a thought...

Gather up thousands of millions of $$$$$$ and make STO yourself so you can make it like:

1) Captain go here and make peace with alien race...
2) fly here and there to research some rock....
3) wow you get to battle now...
4) back to to much exploring.....

Leaving People (Cryptic sucks)

I'm glad ST is not as you wanted it so:

Gather up thousands of millions of $$$$$$ and make STO yourself so you can make it like:

Quote:
.....What am I talking about?
Quote:
Oh right none of us have that kind of money...man what was I thinking.......
In short if you don't like it, Make one yourself. My self I hate the Ground battle system (needs work), space fighting is okay (minor fixes needed). But I like it. Nice break for when I'm board.

===============================

Now I wait for all the haters.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 12:42 AM
I'm not leaving, but to correct you a proper development cycle of an mmo can take about 10 years. Now Cryptic did pick it up and got it going on it's own engine in 2, and quite honestly a lot of it shows 2 years of development.

I do like the game, and hope to see some good new content in the near future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdwin
I'm not leaving, but to correct you a proper development cycle of an mmo can take about 10 years. Now Cryptic did pick it up and got it going on it's own engine in 2, and quite honestly a lot of it shows 2 years of development.

I do like the game, and hope to see some good new content in the near future.
Well to be honest I was just being a smart a$$. My point is though if people can only complain then they should try doing it themselves. STO is new and some also need to learn patients as they wait for major updates.