Lt. Commander
Cryptic,

We're closing in on the 30 day mark for that included month that alot of folks will most likely be making their decision whether to give this a go in the next 6 months or not. There is an amazingly huge amount of rage directed at realizing that we're paying for an extended beta. In true fashion, you have been silent to the concerns that have been voiced not only from your anger-prone forum members but the horrible reviews received.

We all expect to see a huge post/news item from the lead dev addressing the major issues with the game prior to the end of the 30 day mark.

As an Andorian, I kill forum trolls with a passion.

<ragefist>
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 12:23 PM
They've actually addressed quite a few concerns: server stability, server queus, problems with pre-order items, fixing graphical errors and revising confusing/misplaced mission text.

Just because they haven't fixed the issue YOU feel is most pressing doesn't mean they haven't fixed any at alll.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarish22 View Post
They've actually addressed quite a few concerns: server stability, server queus, problems with pre-order items, fixing graphical errors and revising confusing/misplaced mission text.

Just because they haven't fixed the issue YOU feel is most pressing doesn't mean they haven't fixed any at alll.
WoW, they made progress on the things that should have been working from day one? All hail Crytpic. LOL. Seriously, the lack of any real movement with the game portends what people should already know about Crytpic games - they are small, simplistic, and all about the box sales. This game is currently 95% or so of what it will ever be, if that is good enough for your $15 a month then go ahead - if not move along.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:

They haven't spoken much about the game itself, merely supporting those who can't get on or have PC/billing issues. I think I saw one actual DEV post talking directly about the game and while it did give me some hope for the future of the game, I wish they'd discuss stuff more.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 03:43 AM
hmmm what the NYT official review said.

there is a thread with a link here somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:

thats all stuff that has to be fixed anyways. im more interested in content. because i dont even care to login for the last couple days. its just nothing there for me
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zish View Post
thats all stuff that has to be fixed anyways. im more interested in content. because i dont even care to login for the last couple days. its just nothing there for me
And they've addressed content quite a few times between the forums and the main site. dstahl said himself that, unless something goes wrong on the test server, we should have our first raidisodes this Thurday, and new ones every few weeks afterwards. More Klingon PvE is expected by devs to make it into the 45-day patch, along with a Tier 2 Cruiser, which was a big complaint from Klingon players. We're getting Romulans as a playable faction, supposedly within a couple of months. Diplomatic content is to be added "soon."

I don't know about anyone else, but this sounds like they've told us a lot about content, and there's more conent-related info from Devs that I didn't touch on.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
Cryptic,

We're closing in on the 30 day mark for that included month that alot of folks will most likely be making their decision whether to give this a go in the next 6 months or not. There is an amazingly huge amount of rage directed at realizing that we're paying for an extended beta. In true fashion, you have been silent to the concerns that have been voiced not only from your anger-prone forum members but the horrible reviews received.

We all expect to see a huge post/news item from the lead dev addressing the major issues with the game prior to the end of the 30 day mark.

As an Andorian, I kill forum trolls with a passion.

<ragefist>
There is plenty of info. There is topic here on first page regarding all dev responses and updates. I think you are overreacting. its not like as if there is zero communication.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
There is plenty of info. There is topic here on first page regarding all dev responses and updates. I think you are overreacting. its not like as if there is zero communication.
Cite the exact page(s) that have info regarding the major issues with the game, timelines for correcting it, and addresses what both reviewers and players are saying is a major lack of polish and content.

Sorry, I meant "zero substantive communications". Cryptic is notorious for having "we're working on it" posts that provide nothing. They are then forced only by a player revolt (i.e. CO paid expansion) into reversing their decision. We should not have to all revolt against something to make sure it is fixed and working properly.

That's what a beta is for. Bioware is an example of not releasing a game until it is polished. Sure there are patches, not daily and they make sure the game is COMPLETE.
Lt. Commander