Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Keep in mind I play both fed and klink.

There are tons of problems with this game and I see one more major one on the horizon. That being fed vs fed pvp. Klingons have a hard enough time in respect to leveling vs their fed counterpart which is soon to be addressed which is good (to a point). But there is also a downside if klingons do more pve then the overall activity of pvp will more than likely go down since there will be a huge push to get to t5 meaning the lower tiers will more than likely see longer queue times. Couple that with the fact that feds will have the ability to stop crying (and a lot of them do) about how unfair cloak is by fighting only fed side and you are left with what i feel will be a major lack of people who will fight in FvK matches. Vanilla pvp is not my cup of tea, and i don't believe in fairness because its a myth, both sides have advantages and disadvantages so playing both sides is nice for me since you get to work off of different tactics to win. Lets face it there really isn't alot to do once you hit t5 but pvp. and to make that work and be engaging you really need to force some sort of interaction between the 2 sides. I don't want to see that interaction diminish. I'm not going to say that i predict that the game will essentially become two separate games since there wont be ANY FvP but I do fear that the PVP will suffer. And all of this can be avoided by not implementing FvF pvp.

These are my opinions on the matter. nobody that responds has anything resembling facts since its all supposition at this point. I would however like to hear other's thoughts on the subject.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-23-2010, 03:50 AM
if feds are hard up for fvf pvp (not to get easy points by cheating) then had to borg warzone 5 in kerrat in the neutral zone. it is FVF pvp
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-23-2010, 04:12 AM
Let the players do what they want, don't force them to play FvK if they don't want to. I, too, believe balance is a myth but that doesn't mean that a lot of fed's simply aren't having fun. I mean FvK does force Fed's to be on the defensive in every match, which gets kind of annoying and dull. Let the Fed's have their PvP against other Fed's rather than force them into FvK, it'll help keep interest to let them actually be on the offensive sometimes.

I have a max level toon on both sides and I personally want to see FvF because it's another type of PvP I'll be able to enjoy. And also, it's already on the way so you'd be better off just accepting it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-23-2010, 04:15 AM
The fear is that FvF will detract from FvK.

Simple solution: offer lesser or different rewards for FvF than FvK.

For example, no skill points or merits for FvF.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-23-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
The fear is that FvF will detract from FvK.

Simple solution: offer lesser or different rewards for FvF than FvK.

For example, no skill points or merits for FvF.
yes that would be nice, because as admiral i dont really care about that anyway.
And than we dont need to wait hours for one pvp match on klings because there arent enough admiral klings.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-23-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenixzor
yes that would be nice, because as admiral i dont really care about that anyway.
And than we dont need to wait hours for one pvp match on klings because there arent enough admiral klings.
Well, this would be a separate suggestion to change KvK not to reward skill points or Honor either.

I would only be in favour of that change once Klingons get alternate means of progress (i.e., PVE content). Until that happens, KvK should still reward Klingons as usual, in my opinion. Perhaps scaled down from FvK, if at all, to encourage FvK.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
The fear is that FvF will detract from FvK.

Simple solution: offer lesser or different rewards for FvF than FvK.

For example, no skill points or merits for FvF.
Don't offer any rewards for FvF ....

Its just for 'fun' and practice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-24-2010, 04:31 AM
Why so you still need to wait 2 hours for a battle and need days to get enough badges...

FvF needs to offer badges the same way like FvK does and it needs to count for the PVP daily
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardekke
Let the players do what they want, don't force them to play FvK if they don't want to. I, too, believe balance is a myth but that doesn't mean that a lot of fed's simply aren't having fun. I mean FvK does force Fed's to be on the defensive in every match, which gets kind of annoying and dull. Let the Fed's have their PvP against other Fed's rather than force them into FvK, it'll help keep interest to let them actually be on the offensive sometimes.

I have a max level toon on both sides and I personally want to see FvF because it's another type of PvP I'll be able to enjoy. And also, it's already on the way so you'd be better off just accepting it.
With FvF pvp, there won't BE any Klingons, because even while at all the tiers past lowbie, the Feds win most of the time, Feds still hate the cloak even though it's a minor thing at most. Feds will only spend time fighting Feds and the Klingons won't be able to level at all. Yeah it's coming, and the Klingons will be gone when it arrives.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-23-2010, 09:40 AM
ya know if the Klingon players think feddies are going to refuse to fight them it begs the question why?

what about Klingons makes them undesireable to PVP agaisnt? simply digging in and complaining that FvF will kill Klingons isn't the solution, the solution is to find a way to make FvK PVP desireable.

because what I'm reading here is even the Klingons are saying "PVP with Klingons sucls so hard no one would play it if they had another choice"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 AM.