Lt. Commander
# 1 Boycott Deep Space Encounters
02-23-2010, 07:52 AM
I for one am tired of getting jumped by a dozen ships the instance I zone into one of these and destroyed.

I have repeatedly reported this and asked for a fix since beta with no result.

Until Star Trek Online wakes up and fixes this problem I urge everyone to boycott Deep Space encounters. If you get sucked into one exit to sector space immediately.

I understand people think these attacking ships were placed there to stop AFK'ing. I don't really care about that, but I do care about being constantly jumped when I try to participate in one of these and if a boycott is what it's going to take to get this fixed, then I'm all for it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 07:54 AM
And why exactly would they fix it if people don't go there anymore?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Personally, I enjoy the deep space encounters and know how to get around being jumped by the flagship attack group when you spawn near it on occasion. So no boycotting by me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Personally, I enjoy the deep space encounters and know how to get around being jumped by the flagship attack group when you spawn near it on occasion.
Exit to Sector? > Yes

And pray they don't destroy you before you zone out.

At least if you do manage to get out you can respawn and continue playing the rest of the game.

BTW, I enjoy them too WHEN I ACTUALLY GET TO PLAY THEM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 08:04 AM
I already do. I stopped doing them a while ago. They are the only time my ship blows up. Almost always the minute I zone in. I haven't done one in well over a week.

I too have reported it many times.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner087
I already do. I stopped doing them a while ago. They are the only time my ship blows up. Almost always the minute I zone in. I haven't done one in well over a week.

I too have reported it many times.
Thank you for saying that. I get tired of the trolls who just respond "don't AFK" when I'm obviously not.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 08:23 AM
I still don't understand how people are getting instantly blown up when they get pulled into random encounters. As soon as you enter the instance, a dialogue box pops up with the options "continue" or "exit system". When you press "exit system", you know what it does? It makes you exit the system! Problem solved! If you manage to get destroyed in the time it takes for you to do it, you're in an area waaaay above your level, and you should be expecting that. Yes, the loading screens are annoying, but being accidentally pulled into a DSE has never cost me more than 30 seconds. If anything, I think there should be more of them, at least around the Federation/Klingon/Romulan borders.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2010, 08:23 AM
Deep space encounters are great. I won't be boycotting them just because I occasionally get jumped when I spawn. I think it kind of adds to the excitement, besides those situations are fairly easy to handle (usually).

Also the loot drops are way too tempting to give up. You can make close to a mil on the exchange with drops from an hours worth of playing deep space encounters!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
Exit to Sector? > Yes

And pray they don't destroy you before you zone out.

At least if you do manage to get out you can respawn and continue playing the rest of the game.

BTW, I enjoy them too WHEN I ACTUALLY GET TO PLAY THEM.
No, I switch to a custom power setting that splits my power between shields and engines, throw on evasive maneuvers, and head for a border of the deep space encounter. Once the enemies give up pursuit, I continue with killing the enemies needed for the defend missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Last night after finishing a DSE I was waiting around for it to restart. Last encounter took place just a little ways off from the spawn point by the poor dead Galaxy heh.

Anyway, as I waited around I saw the Super Fleet nearby ... I noticed it patrolled RIGHT across the spawn point. Back and forth .... right over that Galaxy. Every now and then someone would warp in ... there'd be a flurry of activity ... then a big POOF and then the fleet would continue onward....

If they would just move that patrol route, all would be better.