Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
So I have been a defender of you guys, because I know how hard it is to make a game, and I know about all the junk you had to go through to get this out, and I still will defend you.

But I have a bone to pick. I'm the last STOked interview zinc ( I think it was him ) stated that 1% of the population were admirals. so this can mean one of two things, we have a crazy big population, or that number was ( I wouldn't say made up) a major understatement. So I'm calling you out. ( in a nice way ) which is it, or what is the real percentage for the people who are admirals?

thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Yea.......Im not buying that either. Unless all the admirals are quitting because there is nothing else to do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-23-2010, 11:29 PM
I believe the number.

It's probably something like:
1% are Admirals
19% are level 1-39
80% stopped playing


I'm sure they're counting it as 1% of all accounts, even the people who haven't logged in within the last 5 days and will probably never log in again. My guild seems to have a lot of those now. In my guild, admirals are probably 10% of the total population, but we're 100% of the ACTIVE population. The non-admirals are the people who stopped showing up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-24-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I believe the number.

It's probably something like:
1% are Admirals
19% are level 1-39
80% stopped playing


I'm sure they're counting it as 1% of all accounts, even the people who haven't logged in within the last 5 days and will probably never log in again. My guild seems to have a lot of those now. In my guild, admirals are probably 10% of the total population, but we're 100% of the ACTIVE population. The non-admirals are the people who stopped showing up.
QFT

And using those numbers you'd have 1/19 or about 5% admirals. Not a bad guess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Did they say when that interview took place? He actually said that it was >1% when they checked "a few days ago" so depending on when it was and how many "a few days" is to him, it could have been a couple of weeks ago, which would make more sense.

I'm positive that the number is much higher now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Well. RA5 here, for more then a week now. Can also confirm this for my 2 brothers and 4 of my mates that started with us. makes 7 of us.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-23-2010, 07:11 PM
You know. Having a problem with the game being too short and people reaching Admiral too quickly is one thing.

But having the development company go ahead and say its not a problem is completely another. Especially with made up statistics like 1% and presenting them as fact.

Thanks for listening Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
You know. Having a problem with the game being too short and people reaching Admiral too quickly is one thing.

But having the development company go ahead and say its not a problem is completely another. Especially with made up statistics like 1% and presenting them as fact.

Thanks for listening Cryptic.
well he did state that he wanted to get a real print out about the numbers, but he didn't get in time. I think it was a major under statement on his part.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
well he did state that he wanted to get a real print out about the numbers, but he didn't get in time. I think it was a major under statement on his part.
Sounds awfully convenient to me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-23-2010, 07:17 PM
I bet they're including the gold spammers in the calculations.



RA5
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:42 PM.