Lt. Commander
# 1 The survay
02-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Trekkie darn you cryptic no trekker Real fans are TREKKIEs and find that lame term Trekker offensive and silly
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Hey now... Don't be rude to trekkers.
Just because they like to travel there is no need to call them offensive!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 01:08 AM
Trekker. Trekkie. Does it really matter? After all we all love Star Trek. I call myself a fan.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yezar View Post
Trekker. Trekkie. Does it really matter? After all we all love Star Trek. I call myself a fan.
It does if you care about Gene Roddenberry. snap.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 01:41 AM
I care about Gene Roddenberry. The man had a dream that became a reality and spread throughout the stars. I however really think he'd be laughing his head off at all this. I can hear him now "hehe Look at how some of the fans are acting over a TV show!" And if I remember rightly Trekkies are people who grew up Who TOS, Trekkers are people who grew up with TNG, DS9 and Voy. But at the end of the day it's all just semantics.

Rest in peace Mr Roddenberry. Your creation has saved my life more than once. I owe you one.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 01:59 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
HAHAHAHA!!!! funnies!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 02:12 AM
Quote:
I care about Gene Roddenberry. The man had a dream that became a reality and spread throughout the stars.
Sorry, hi. You do realize that Star Trek is fiction right? I mean I LOVE that show but it's a fiction. It's not a documentary. Are you a Thermian from the Klaatu nebula?

On the survey, I doubt any interesting data will come out of it. You can't really survey the state of a game with 15 questions and limited choice answers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
Gene Roddenberry was a guy who created a cool TV show, a TV show OTHER PEOPLE, are now handling I might add, other then that... no I really don't care about him

maybe it's just that I happen to be a SW fan first and thus seeing people openly question "the great creator" is the norm to me, but the whole "Gene Roddenberry's holy vision" stuff some people spew is kinda silly.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2010, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
Gene Roddenberry was a guy who created a cool TV show, a TV show OTHER PEOPLE, are now handling I might add, other then that... no I really don't care about him

maybe it's just that I happen to be a SW fan first and thus seeing people openly question "the great creator" is the norm to me, but the whole "Gene Roddenberry's holy vision" stuff some people spew is kinda silly.
No I'm referring to the incident where a Gene called a group at a convention Trekkies and someone shouted "Its Trekkers" to witch Mr. Roddenberry replied "No, it's Trekkies, I mad you guys." so its Trekkie. Period.

Quote:
The Protestants and Catholics thing is from genuine disagreements in interpretation of the Bible. The Trekkie and Trekkers thing is from Trekkers being an obnoxious bunch who want to be 'cool' by making fun of Trekkies. See the link in my last post (an article by a Trekker about why Trekkers are better) for confirmation.
That reminds me of another convention story where Kevin Smith was speaking at, I think comic-con, and he remarked how he loved going to SciFi conventions because its the only place you will see someone in a chewbacca costume point at someone dressed as spock and say "Look at that ****ing nerd"
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 03:28 AM
Quote:
ditto m8 watched every episode of ST everything atleast 6 times got Some TNG dvd's and got voy VHS & dvd's own almost all ST games for pc if this dont make me a fan.... well blow my socks off, i never once thought of myself as trekker/trekkie i save that honour for the klingon speakers and 1000 mile convention go'ers

At the end of the day you can call me anything upto and including "not a fan of ST" it will never stop me having a favourite capt or watching certain episodes over again