Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I'll try to keep this short. This is just a quick and dirty suggestion in five brief points.

Losing crew in combat seems to have little to no practical effect. So...

1 - Crew do not refill automatically when killed. Injured crew can refill, but dead crew should NOT. Perhaps some BOff powers to help with the healing of injured crew? Medical teams, and the ability to beam crew between ships, can also be added.

2 - Living crew should affect every system on a starship, not just hull regeneration. As you lose crew, your weapons, shields, engines, perhaps also power systems degrade in ability. Floor should be about 65% degradation, with a minimum crew value (skeleton crew). System effectiveness is based on living and UNINJURED crew ONLY. Injured crew do not count towards effectiveness, until healed.

3 - When you die, you respawn with 75% of the crew you had at the time of your death. So, if you had 1000 crew when you died, then you would respawn with 750. If you die again, this time with 750 crew, you respawn with 562, etc. This continues until you reach the minimum crew value for your ship (skeleton crew).

4 - Crew can be restocked at a starbase of your faction. Fly up to the starbase, select "Rinforce Crew" from the dock master interface (would need a button). Confirmation screen with price then pops up. Price can be in merits, energy credits..whatever. I would prefer energy credits, to add a credit sink to the economy. It can represent the time, effort, and resources that Starfleet (or the KDF) expends to train the crew.

5 - All PvP maps should contain one starbase for each faction, with defenses around it. This is for the replacement of crew. All sector blocks should contain at least one starbase for each faction that owns that sector block. Perhaps even one starbase per sector. Starbase ownership would switch if Cryptic figures out a way to have persistent PvP warzones.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Death Penalty isn't needed - the game is simply too easy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrellan
Death Penalty isn't needed - the game is simply too easy.
Incorrect, it absolutely is needed and here's why:

No not to make it harder ot punish bad play or incentivize skilled players or alienate carebares etc etc, the reason is the frickin' exchange. Everyone in this game keeps all the money they make in circulation because absolutely nothing removes it from circulation consistently. Unless Cryptic things ground combat is so hard that everyone blows through cash buying hypos, the currency will inflate exponensially as all money spent on the exchange stays in the system.

This game needs a dp that removes energy credits and heres the best suggestions as it's straight from cannon:

ammo consumption. - When you die your weapons lose 10% charge causing no impact on them, however when it's down to 0% they drop to half damage until their "power cells" are replaced which can be done through your replicator for a modest sum of credits. Then you can go to your ship's replimat and hold up the spent power cell like sisko and say "this is not something to be thrown away" and make a row of them displayed proudly on the wall. Straight out of canon, no uneccesary time wasting, just what the doctor ordered.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowombat View Post
Incorrect, it absolutely is needed and here's why:

No not to make it harder ot punish bad play or incentivize skilled players or alienate carebares etc etc, the reason is the frickin' exchange. Everyone in this game keeps all the money they make in circulation because absolutely nothing removes it from circulation consistently. Unless Cryptic things ground combat is so hard that everyone blows through cash buying hypos, the currency will inflate exponensially as all money spent on the exchange stays in the system.

This game needs a dp that removes energy credits and heres the best suggestions as it's straight from cannon:

ammo consumption. - When you die your weapons lose 10% charge causing no impact on them, however when it's down to 0% they drop to half damage until their "power cells" are replaced which can be done through your replicator for a modest sum of credits. Then you can go to your ship's replimat and hold up the spent power cell like sisko and say "this is not something to be thrown away" and make a row of them displayed proudly on the wall. Straight out of canon, no uneccesary time wasting, just what the doctor ordered.
and here is what it boils down to. the money. yeah, sure, forget the fact that we're paying 15 bucks a month on a 60 dollar game. I simply don't make enough EC because I don't play *that much*. I'd like to just log in, play a few missions, log out, and not worry about losing progress with anything just because i got zerged by klingons, or in PvP because people don't know how to work together. I have a hard enough time making credits as it is.

and if its going to be about the money.... think of it like this:

People are selling things on the exchange for far more than what the product is worth. up to 10 times the value of the item for sale. I've seen, no crap, a mk4 disruptor array for 30k. F-that. It's not worth 5k. It's these A-Jacks that are screwing up your ideal economy, not combat. Leave the Death Penalty out, fix the exchange, and we'll be fine
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerizer
Leave the Death Penalty out, fix the exchange, and we'll be fine
- QFT
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerizer
and here is what it boils down to. the money. yeah, sure, forget the fact that we're paying 15 bucks a month on a 60 dollar game. I simply don't make enough EC because I don't play *that much*. I'd like to just log in, play a few missions, log out, and not worry about losing progress with anything just because i got zerged by klingons, or in PvP because people don't know how to work together. I have a hard enough time making credits as it is.

and if its going to be about the money.... think of it like this:

People are selling things on the exchange for far more than what the product is worth. up to 10 times the value of the item for sale. I've seen, no crap, a mk4 disruptor array for 30k. F-that. It's not worth 5k. It's these A-Jacks that are screwing up your ideal economy, not combat. Leave the Death Penalty out, fix the exchange, and we'll be fine
the REASON the prices are so high for crap is because by even mid game people have way more money than they could hope to spend on reasonably priced things. Everyone can get gear from badges so the money just piles. As people get end game and roll alts they will send millions of credits down to starting characters and further drive up the price of everything.

We need a DP money sink along with other money sinks (I think free ships as you lvl up is stupid, by each tier you should be able to afford the new ship or else not get it)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrellan
Death Penalty isn't needed - the game is simply too easy.
Try the Crystalline Entity?

The game goes from too easy to too hard in one click.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGoddessLindsey View Post
Try the Crystalline Entity?

The game goes from too easy to too hard in one click.
let them fly around for three hrs with people cutting across your ship while kitting 20+ shards.
see how many times they respawn before they stop complaining about the lack of a DP
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-25-2010, 01:16 AM
ehm... No?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGoddessLindsey View Post
Try the Crystalline Entity?

The game goes from too easy to too hard in one click.
And a perfect example of what happens when something "too easy" is made "more challenging." If the whole game becomes like this encounter, then they may as well shut down the server.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:13 AM.