Lt. Commander
Cryptic,

At most, the hotbar displays 3 rows of abilities. But in actuality if you scroll through them there are 10 rows available.

My problem is that I like to use the hotkeys (0-9, ctrl 0-9, alt 0-9) so the other 7 rows go largely unused. Also I spend fairly equal amounts of time grouped and solo. As such I have officers tailored to both styles of play, so I end up swapping assignments around as my role dictates. Throw in the fact that swapping bridge officers around makes your space abilities shuffle around to other hotbar rows (usually the non-hotkeyed ones) and you have my recipe for annoyance.

Is it possible to map the hotkeys to the display rows rather than having them mapped to the absolute rows (float the hotkey combos on the view/display instead of bound to an actual row)? eg. map 0-9 to displayed row #1 so that I can scroll through the hotbars and whatever hotbar row I have active in the display gets mapped 0-9. The thought behind this is that if it were possible to map the hotkey combos to the displayed rows, I could then just have a hotbar for each officer. Doing this would let me swap assignments then simply scroll through the rows rather than having to remap all the time.

Edit: While I'm at it, any way to make it so the tidy little weapon status display stays viewable when 3 rows are displayed?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 01:03 PM
*bump*

Really? Nobody else?

I'd really find it useful to have the option to float the #, ctrl+#, alt+# on the display rows rather than have them permanently bound to fixed rows.
Lt. Commander
# 3 bumpity bump bump
04-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_pickles View Post
*bump*

Really? Nobody else?

I'd really find it useful to have the option to float the #, ctrl+#, alt+# on the display rows rather than have them permanently bound to fixed rows.
I use the 3rd bar option as well, the first two settings don't let me use the hotkeys like I want.

I just ran into this problem last night. After running KA space and failing, I wanted to have the option of turning my DSSV into a healing machine by swapping a few BOs. I spent an hour choosing the tight abilities and assigning BO points.

I get to space and I realise what a mess switching between BOs can be. Why have so many BOs and hotbars if they're all wonky!!?

Switching between BOs should save key assignments, or as the OP stated, bar 1 should always be 1-9, bar2 ctrl+1-9, etc. No matter what sub-bar is selected.

Maybe no one else notices because they don't have the need to swap BOs for skills often. As for science ships, this is a function necessary to accommodate group support and solo roles.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhayne05
I just ran into this problem last night. After running KA space and failing, I wanted to have the option of turning my DSSV into a healing machine by swapping a few BOs. I spent an hour choosing the tight abilities and assigning BO points.

I get to space and I realise what a mess switching between BOs can be. Why have so many BOs and hotbars if they're all wonky!!?.
I have a similar issue. I don't know how newly assigned BOff skills are placed on the hotbars. I've tested assigning no BOff to a station, which removes that BOffs skills. Then assigning the new BOff..and the empty slots remain empty with the new skills placed on toolbar 5.