Lt. Commander
# 1 I have a problem
02-25-2010, 11:51 PM
I belong to a very large fleet, but because of the leveling system, I'm not able to to group with newer members to help advance them because there is no sidekick / exemplar system in place.

Why is STO the only mmo that I'm aware of that does not have this system in place? Can we expect something in the next patch to remedy this situation?

In all honesty, I really don't like the game..I'm only sticking around because I have made a lot of friends in my fleet. I have been following the game for over a year now, and well, I do hope the best, but fear the worst.

I'm sorry if I sound negative, I really wanted a game I could play for years to come but..I just can't ignore the obvious, and still pay money for a product that is just not finished.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Uh...

Most MMOs don't have a sidekick/exemplar system.

CoH does. But they're a rarity.

Not saying it wouldn't be great to have one here, but it's not that common.

-np
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate
Uh...

Not saying it wouldn't be great to have one here, but it's not that common.

-np
***,wow,cov,coh,potbs,guild wars, diablo....rarity????????
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmitts View Post
***,wow,cov,coh,potbs,guild wars, diablo....rarity????????
add EQ2 to that list they have mentoring system
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Quote:
add EQ2 to that list they have mentoring system
Thankyou! im sure we may even see many more that i havnt played, that have this system in place.
Why doesnt STO?

OH! add another! ****
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 12:02 AM
As a city of hero/villains player, I understand exactly what you are saying. I too am frustrated that i cannot help a noob at tier 3. Without a sidekick/exemplar type option it really forces you to single play, or play with unkown people in auto mated group instances.

This is the only mmo ive seen without this option, which is fail. I to hope they fix this. As well as many other things.Ttime will tell, and i feel sorry for those who purchased life time sub. I expect alot more from cryptic than what has been delivered thus far. COH/COV was a very solid game, and still continous as such today.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Uh...

Not saying it wouldn't be great to have one here, but it's not that common
Um ya..actually most mmo's do have this sort of system in place. all the games fish posted for example..
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotlh
Um ya..actually most mmo's do have this sort of system in place. all the games fish posted for example..
Except that's not true.

Wow doesn't have one, not really. They have that leveling pact thing but that's only with one other account, not "anyone who groups with you".

I dunno about PotBS or Guild Wars, But CoH and CoV are the same game.

There are over a hundred MMOs out there. Even more if you count the dead ones and the ones still in development. Only a tiny fraction have sidekicking.

The ones I know personally with no such system:

Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, Auto Assault, FusionFall, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Earth & Beyond, EVE Online, EverQuest, Lineage, Lineage 2, The Matrix Online, Neocron, and yes World of ********.

That's the ones I've personally played.

-np
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Except that's not true.

Wow doesn't have one, not really. They have that leveling pact thing but that's only with one other account, not "anyone who groups with you".

There are over a hundred MMOs out there. Even more if you count the dead ones and the ones still in development. Only a tiny fraction have sidekicking.

Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, Auto Assault, FusionFall, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Earth & Beyond, EVE Online, EverQuest, Lineage, Lineage 2, The Matrix Online, Neocron, and yes World of ********.

-np
Again, we are missing the POINT here. Cryptic has done this before with ALL its games. All two of them lol.

Why it cant be done here when they are accustomed to doing it I have no idea. I think its a great idea.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Except that's not true.

-np
There is already a list of MMO's in this thread that have a similar system. Do you just ignore those? There may be 100's of MMO's out there but I think when people refer to MMO's they are talking about AAA ones, not every mom and pop MMO that noone has even heard of.

As far as your list is concerned...most of those games do not need one because one way or another you can still play with your friends reguardless of level and that friend can still level.

Now on to the real meat and potatoes....

Why does it matter to you that someone asks for a mentoring system to be introduced into STO? Unless you are an idiot, that type of system is a good thing. It allows friends to play together reguardless of their level gap. Who would not want that? Instead of promoting the idea as a good one... you decide to come in here and bash on the OP over a statement that says most other MMO's have it. Well most AAA MMO's do have it or dont need it. So not only are you wrong but you are contributing nothing to the thread.