Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Klingon cloak and PVP
02-26-2010, 09:13 PM
I understand that cloak is a part of klingon lore/canon. BUT i think it is very unfair that they can sit cloaked in a 5v5 and wait for 4 ppl to join the pvp before coming out of cloak to fight. ALSO you need to fix your que's. it shouldnt let one side get 7-8 ppl up on a team WHEN NO ONE IS LEAVING. i mean ffs i ***** the entire klingon team in my escort comm5 and then they all stay cloak for 5 minutes waiting on more ppl to come or just to grief me. slap a timer on it or something. and also i understand we should have to skill to detect it. but i dont wanna skill a science skill when i am limited on science skills to BEGIN with. give tact and eng both a skill to detect it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Cloaking is one of the defining Klingon advantages. The combination of forward firepower and cloaking is what defines Klingon warships.

So you want to neuter one of the key characteristic of Klingon (and eventually, Romulan) warships? So you can plink away at Klingon warships with their weaker hulls to your heart's content by spamming that SPACEBAR?

And you're complaining that a lone Klingon would prefer to stay cloaked and wait for backup to arrive, instead of decloaking like a complete idiot in front of your full Fed team? So that, if additional KDF players actually do arrive, that they already see that their side is losing badly?

There are counters to cloaking technology. It's just most Fed players are too d**n lazy to bother even trying it out. Even a good chunk of Science ship users don't even try to detect us. The tools are there to counter cloaking. There are even guides posted in these very forums on how to detect cloaked ships. Just because you and some of your fellow Fedbears are too lazy to even try or even just LOOK into these methods of detection, doesn't mean cloaking needs to nerfed to your lazy styles.

Move on FedFailBear, and back to PvE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
Cloaking is one of the defining Klingon advantages. The combination of forward firepower and cloaking is what defines Klingon warships
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
.

So you want to neuter one of the key characteristic of Klingon (and eventually, Romulan) warships? So you can plink away at Klingon warships with their weaker hulls to your heart's content by spamming that SPACEBAR?[/color].

Hear, hear, buy this man a beer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-26-2010, 09:40 PM
read the other threads, its common courtesy to wait for your opponent to get a good team.

free wins are not on Obama's stimulus package
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-26-2010, 09:47 PM
/facepalm

Enough we get it already, you can't deal with cloak. You're Captain Esteban... we get it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-26-2010, 10:26 PM
The problem is the matchmaker here, and imbalanced teams.

And hey, if we weren't able to cloak, do you really think we'd still sit there and let you farm us 5v1? Well, maybe some of those 'we get xp anyways dur dur' morons, but anyone who actually wants to pvp will just wait to respawn or leave entirely.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-26-2010, 11:58 PM
Let me rephrase. It was 5 fed vs 4 klinks. We stomped 4 klinks for the price of one with one of our guys afk so it was pretty much 4v4. Then the klinks hide. And hide. And hide... Takes 3 to 4 min for another series of combat and at that time it was 5 feds vs 9 klinks. And we can't cloak and hide like abunch of baddies. so... Fix the ques and make it so klinks can't hide from the feds. I understand the surprise attack portion. Put a 60 second timer on it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-27-2010, 06:00 AM
I find it VERY hard to believe that you were being badly outnumbered as you say you were as a Fed player. Just for the simple fact that there are SO MANY Feds waiting in que that there should be no excuse that a Fed team isn't full with a match well underway. Even with players leaving, they should be very, very easily replaced by someone on the que. I cannot even tell you the ridiculous amount of times that as a KDF player how badly outnumbered we were, especially if you try a Large map.

There are many occasions when I login with my KDF toon, open up the PvP que, and see 100 Feds sitting in que for ONE map, just anxious to fight, compared to a handful, or maybe at most roughly a dozen KDF ready to oblige over SEVERAL maps.

There are already tools in place, as I said, for you lazy ass*s to detect cloaked vessels. I've been popped out of cloak several times already this past night. The ability doesn't need to spread to EVERY single character class, because Science already has the capability, and trust me... there are NO shortages of Science players on the Fed side.

Also, your true colors finally shine through regarding this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlagueStarter
Fix the ques and make it so klinks can't hide from the feds. I understand the surprise attack portion. Put a 60 second timer on it.
Right there. You just don't like the idea of KDF having Cloaks. You even want a timer put in to limit the time we can stay in cloak, so we can feed the Fedball with our weaker hulls. 60 seconds is not enough time to rally together the guys, formulate a plan, move into position, and finally come out and fight. Especially with guys getting destroyed in different time intervals, so just rallying up takes time. Most especially so since alot of PvP is with PUGs.

If you truly hate cloaks in PvP, then head on back to PvE. The NPCs there will mindlessly cloak in / out to feed you. We're not NPCs over here in PvP. We will strike you when the time is right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlagueStarter
Let me rephrase. It was 5 fed vs 4 klinks. We stomped 4 klinks for the price of one with one of our guys afk so it was pretty much 4v4. Then the klinks hide. And hide. And hide... Takes 3 to 4 min for another series of combat and at that time it was 5 feds vs 9 klinks. And we can't cloak and hide like abunch of baddies. so... Fix the ques and make it so klinks can't hide from the feds. I understand the surprise attack portion. Put a 60 second timer on it.
you as a fed player were so badly outnumbered? Sorry I can' t believe it. I do play a Klingon since this faction was released during the last week of closed beta. I NEVER played just one game where Feds were outnumbered. I played hundred of games with 10 Feds vs. 3 Klingons or so and even now noone wants to play his/her Klingon anymore because of the lack of content (and just 4 exploration nebulas won' t change this situation in my opinion) so it is much harder to find equal groups atm. The cloak ability was discussed many times here and Cryptic do know why they wont change a thing. Because this is our only chance to win against your totally overpowered Science/Engineer groups

Qapla
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlagueStarter
Let me rephrase. It was 5 fed vs 4 klinks. We stomped 4 klinks for the price of one with one of our guys afk so it was pretty much 4v4. Then the klinks hide. And hide. And hide... Takes 3 to 4 min for another series of combat and at that time it was 5 feds vs 9 klinks. And we can't cloak and hide like abunch of baddies. so... Fix the ques and make it so klinks can't hide from the feds. I understand the surprise attack portion. Put a 60 second timer on it.
Just had a thought on this as well.

Why do you expect the Klingons to launch straight back into combat after having lost? They've attacked, they've not been successful and yet you expect them to immediately regroup and do the whole thing all over again? Personally I'd expect a delay in that case. Not just because they need to regroup and reposition but because they might need to come up with a whole new plan seeing as the first didn't work

As for new ships joining...that's just unfortunate and is a symptom of the way the arena matches are currently designed rather than a cloak issue.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 AM.