Lt. Commander
# 1 Random destruction of ship
03-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Hello there. I would like to report either a bug or a severely broken weapon. I recently tried to fight off one ship in space combat at my level. I was doing quite well, with shields almost at max and no hull damage. Then, out of nowhere, I randomly explode and die. WTF?!? This happened three times in a row against the same enemy (a mirror universe science vessel). This has happened before, but not this frequently. Help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 03:52 AM
I feel a little ridiculous for saying this, but I had the same problem last night. It turns out that when i ranked up it unlocked a new Captain power which happened to be Abandon Ship. I didn't realize it was there because the game automatically filled it into one of my empty macro slots (which was empty to keep me from accidentally hitting the Ramming Speed button while spamming my other weapons).

The game by default only shows up to 8 macros across but I use the 3 pallet option so I can see all 10. You may want to scroll around and double check to see if STO hasn't slipped it in on you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 03:55 AM
This has been happening to me randomly as well but not so random as it always happens after an engagement.

I ticketed it. Though something I have noticed and really annoyed about is that I remove abandon ship ability from my tool bar and after every zone change it re appears.

It is really pi$$ing me off.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2010, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I had to place it at the other end of my Ctrl+ macros where I at this point rarely go so that I have to go out of my way to suicide, lol. But having assigned it to a spot I know to avoid, it doesn't seem to move into the first gap it finds each time I zone like it did when I took it out all together. You may want to consider just tucking it away in an out of reach spot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Yeah, I had to place it at the other end of my Ctrl+ macros where I at this point rarely go so that I have to go out of my way to suicide, lol. But having assigned it to a spot I know to avoid, it doesn't seem to move into the first gap it finds each time I zone like it did when I took it out all together. You may want to consider just tucking it away in an out of reach spot.
You can stick on tab 4 to 9. These have no hotkeys assigned to them. I have mine on the 4th one, moved it there after accidentally clicking it one time. As long as it is assigned somewhere, it shouldn't move.

And, yeah, it is rather silly that abilities pop up after you drag them off and make them go away. Bugged that crap for the weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Thank you. That was exactly what was happening. I had the "Abandon Ship" mapped to one of my keys and I kept accidently pushing it. I have remapped it.