Lt. Commander
# 1 Enemy Signal Contacts...
03-04-2010, 02:05 AM
Am I the only person who finds Enemy Signal Contacts annoying as hell? Since when has any ship been forced out of warp by some enemy signal contact unless they had some god like powers? They always seem to catch you in the least wanted times. And it is not like you *have* to fight them, all you have to do is warp right back out. problem is, is you have to load the screen to get there, then load another screen to get back to where you were going to begin with.

Am I the only one who thinks they are just a tad bit too much?

P.S. Don;t get me wrong, I still love the game, just find them annoying at best.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 03:02 AM
Yes it's very annoying to say the least, i'm often just sitting in space, sorting out my inventory, or trying to spend a few points, when suddenly your going into a mission
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 03:02 AM
I welcome the challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaise View Post
I welcome the challenge.
I would agree to that if it were...I don't know...actually a challenge? No reward for doing it if you stay, you can just leave the very second you warp in, nothing forcing you to stay or even enticing you to stay for that matter. It is a bit pointless unless you actually have a mission to run it.

To me that is no challenge...it is a nuisance.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2010, 03:14 AM
I know, but we still have folks complaining that they are 'too hard' and I was trying to be supportive. I actually wouldn't mind the DSE's if I didnt have to confirm the pop up midscreen three times to stay or go.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaise View Post
I know, but we still have folks complaining that they are 'too hard' and I was trying to be supportive. I actually wouldn't mind the DSE's if I didnt have to confirm the pop up midscreen three times to stay or go.

lol, I hear ya there, man. Those pop ups delay your reaction time big time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2010, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I would agree to that if it were...I don't know...actually a challenge? No reward for doing it if you stay, you can just leave the very second you warp in, nothing forcing you to stay or even enticing you to stay for that matter. It is a bit pointless unless you actually have a mission to run it.

To me that is no challenge...it is a nuisance.
They are a nuisance and my main objection to a death penalty. Far too often I get sucked into these damn things and before I finish zoning I'm being told I'm under attack and badly damaged by a damn fleet that's camping the spawn point.

I don't mind a DP if I screw up using bad tactics, but I do have a problem if I get punished because of bad game design.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2010, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith_Snipe
They are a nuisance and my main objection to a death penalty. Far too often I get sucked into these damn things and before I finish zoning I'm being told I'm under attack and badly damaged by a damn fleet that's camping the spawn point.

I don't mind a DP if I screw up using bad tactics, but I do have a problem if I get punished because of bad game design.
That only happens during reset time and I would agree there should be no death penalty then. However at the start of the battle or during it there a never any enemies at the spawn point unless another player has drawn them there and you can normally speed away because they are aggroing him.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Am I the only person who finds Enemy Signal Contacts annoying as hell? Since when has any ship been forced out of warp by some enemy signal contact unless they had some god like powers? They always seem to catch you in the least wanted times. And it is not like you *have* to fight them, all you have to do is warp right back out. problem is, is you have to load the screen to get there, then load another screen to get back to where you were going to begin with.

Am I the only one who thinks they are just a tad bit too much?

P.S. Don;t get me wrong, I still love the game, just find them annoying at best.
If you had bothered to read before posting you would know the answer to your question.