Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Undocumented feature or Bug with today's patch?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I could accept this. It would be a reasonable balance to cloaking, as we have all heard of the half hour matches where klingons hide unreasonably and try to bore the other team to death. Science players cant always hunt out klingons, as their tracking and revealing abilities are fairly close range or pot luck depth charges into nowhere. It's like playing "battleships".

It would also have the fantastic effect of scaring people silly. Like seeing a big shadow under the water and knowing it is a shark.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Who would hang around for a half hour? The only thing I can think of that might have caused that was an afker that cloaked and the queue system was botched or something.

I have better things to do with my 1/2 of time than grief the Feds.

The issue I have with this is that if Cryptic caved in on this from all the Fed QQ we will be nerfed into the ground until we never win, which is exactly what they want. This is a dangerous precedent.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Sometimes some Klingons wait for more Klingons so the fight is balanced. And after this patch, the queue awfully 1 sides at the beginning. So it's understandable.

But on the bright side, it's not something that the Federation players can use to zero on you. In fact, it can be fun, because you can come in below or above them and make like your flying through their fed ball.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111

The issue I have with this is that if Cryptic caved in on this from all the Fed QQ we will be nerfed into the ground until we never win, which is exactly what they want. This is a dangerous precedent.
And that just about sums it up.

Korthos
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
Who would hang around for a half hour? The only thing I can think of that might have caused that was an afker that cloaked and the queue system was botched or something.

I have better things to do with my 1/2 of time than grief the Feds.

Absolutely correct.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2010, 04:16 AM
From what i have seen though, it is not having the slightest bit of difference in pvp matches currently. Interesting that this great advantage seems as though it is not being fully utilised while they have it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2010, 05:05 AM
I've been playing both sides. My KDF is BG5 already, and I've heavily been working on my Fed who is at Cmdr4.

It does make a difference. You may not exactly tell where the Klingons are at as far as the Z-Axis goes, but you DO know what general direction they're coming from. You DO know where the Klingons are gathering or prowling at. You get to present your defenses / firing arcs towards the threat even before they decloak. It makes it easier for their Science Officers to chase them down and try to pop them out of cloak. There's some guesswork involved for those attempts, but in a bunch of maps, the terrain / obstacles makes those guesses quite easy, i.e. Cracked Planet.

Just the fact that with the current situation, you can just tell where the KDF is at, when they're nearby, so that you really don't have to stay on the alert anymore. I just sit there in my Cruiser and call out, "Okay, there they are. There's a bunch of them there so expect them to decloak any minute now." Or just send the Science Officer there, pop the entire KDF group out of cloak, and watch their confusion as you send a mass of phaser fire and quantum torps their way. Like scattering a bunch of scared mice or ants.

The predators can no longer prowl, hide, and ambush anymore, because they go around with big, red, shining beacons that scream, "HERE I AM!!!"
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idryll_Alira View Post
I could accept this. It would be a reasonable balance to cloaking, as we have all heard of the half hour matches where klingons hide unreasonably and try to bore the other team to death. Science players cant always hunt out klingons, as their tracking and revealing abilities are fairly close range or pot luck depth charges into nowhere. It's like playing "battleships".

It would also have the fantastic effect of scaring people silly. Like seeing a big shadow under the water and knowing it is a shark.
And btw how would this make the game balanced since fed sci players just have to scan for our cloak to lock on to uys and shoot? Now they get to know EXACTLY where we are to activate that ability,, NO this is def. a bug not a "reasonable balance".
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2010, 06:36 AM
It doesnt matter really they cant target us and we know where they are and keep a safe distance till ready which i already do anyway. To me them knowing we are there surrounding them ready to strike is just intimidation. let them keep it as far as I am concerned.

K'rapok Cptn KDF