Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 We are not the "Fearderation"
03-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm impressed by your game, it's quite fun with its PVE/PVP on space/ground and I will probably play it till the end of times because i'm a fan of you know what.

But, please, we are not the "Fearderation". We don't vaporize people, we don't kill babies (remember the jem'hadar eggs ?), we don't shoot at first sight, we don't detroy stuff just for the fun...etc.

Or maybe we are playing a mirror universe without knowing ?

So, it would be cool for fed players to put weapons on stun (would be easy to do), to make people KO rather than vaporize them for the expose attacks, and it would be cool to write missions (and rewrite old missions) with some diplomacy/science/talk options and more humour (you can do it , there are many examples).

In fact, you should introduce some kind of bonus XP for finishing missions without massacres:

- the kids would kill everyone, get the reward and jump to the next slaughters
- the fan of star trek would play the diplomacy card, speak with everyone, do some scan and find the solution without blood on their hands (and get a reward for doing it in the spirit of Star Trek). You have to hire some writers for this but the game, people who can give use missions with different ends (ala Bioware).

So please, more science and less violence, because the Federation is not the Fearderation !
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-08-2010, 03:38 PM
To be honest, I disagree with this stuff to an extent. I think there should be an option for players who don't want to kill everything. I just don't think they should change it for player who do. Personally I would like them to add the option to slag the planet surface with your photons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-08-2010, 03:42 PM
maybe they should make a terran faction for all us crazy terran loving genocidal maniacs

Terran Empire ftw
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
maybe they should make a terran faction for all us crazy terran loving genocidal maniacs

Terran Empire ftw
Here here!

Can I go kill now?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Your "Jem'Hadar" babies would be trying to kill you by day 3.

Jean-Luc Picard sure as hell tried to vaporize Ensign Lynch.

Anyway, we've already discussed this. Remembering Star Trek selectively as you wish to remember it doesn't help us get to the reality of the series. The Federation did "what the situation required" in many instances.

Hell, where do you think The Maquis came from? They were upset at the Federation for a reason, and it wasn't because they were being treated well.

Also, you may consult the last few episodes of Deep Space 9 if you have any further doubts. There were an awful lot of deaths in those last episodes. Sisko didn't feel like a toast with bloodwine after it, but he did it nonetheless.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuber
Your "Jem'Hadar" babies would be trying to kill you by day 3.

Jean-Luc Picard sure as hell tried to vaporize Ensign Lynch.

Anyway, we've already discussed this. Remembering Star Trek selectively as you wish to remember it doesn't help us get to the reality of the series. The Federation did "what the situation required" in many instances.

Hell, where do you think The Maquis came from? They were upset at the Federation for a reason, and it wasn't because they were being treated well.

Also, you may consult the last few episodes of Deep Space 9 if you have any further doubts. There were an awful lot of deaths in those last episodes. Sisko didn't feel like a toast with bloodwine after it, but he did it nonetheless.
No he didn't. When he, Admiral Ross and General Martok all land on Cardassia, Martok tries to celebrate with bloodwine and both Sisko and Ross poor theirs out and walk away leaving Martok to scoff and drink alone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius_Bonaparte
No he didn't. When he, Admiral Ross and General Martok all land on Cardassia, Martok tries to celebrate with bloodwine and both Sisko and Ross poor theirs out and walk away leaving Martok to scoff and drink alone.
I worded my statement in a sloppy manner.

What I meant was, Sisko didn't feel like sharing a blood wine toast afterwards, BUT HE STILL KILLED the people that needed to be killed on the way to Cardassia Prime, whether he toasted them or not.

Not, "he did it nonetheless" as "he toasted", but "he destroyed everything in his path", and it wasn't even because they were concerned about the Cardassians, if I recall. Their primary reasoning was, if we don't follow the Dominion forces all the way back to Cardassia Prime and rout them now, they will simply rebuild and come at us again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I agree with the op, but all the wow kids, who know nothing about star trek and the federation, would sooner photon planets cause its so keke.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
I agree with the op, but all the wow kids, who know nothing about star trek and the federation, would sooner photon planets cause its so keke.
I grew up on the TOS so this comment is full of FAIL! I want to slag planets not cause it's "cool" but I just happen to enjoy genocide. It's one quick way to have peace in the galaxy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I grew up on the TOS so this comment is full of FAIL! I want to slag planets not cause it's "cool" but I just happen to enjoy genocide. It's one quick way to have peace in the galaxy.
total win. lmao. kinda sith-like. oops, wrong lore....
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:09 AM.