Lt. Commander
Two or three strikes from the weapon will incap you in ground pvp. The only answer I've found is to constantly keep moving, even when you don't see klingons, because they could be in stealth mode. If there is a federation melee weapon other than rifle butt or palm strike, I would like to know.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Get your own Bat'leth? they're not restricted to faction.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramierez View Post
Get your own Bat'leth? they're not restricted to faction.
K, thanks. My vulcan science officer already uses the disruptor dual pistols. The bat' leth will be a nice addition.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokia
Two or three strikes from the weapon will incap you in ground pvp. The only answer I've found is to constantly keep moving, even when you don't see klingons, because they could be in stealth mode. If there is a federation melee weapon other than rifle butt or palm strike, I would like to know.
Keep in mind that the players you tend to encounter in ground PvP are characters that have spent their points in skills related to ground combat. So even if you can use a Bat'leth, if your captain is mostly specced for space combat, your performance may be significantly different.

I don't know if it's possible for a Fed character to use the Bat'leth. It is possible to get one, as I noticed there were three of them in my Fed fleet's bank, but I haven't attempted to use them. Presumably these were mailed to a Fed character from a Klingon character.

Also, in addition to Palm Strike, if you leave one of your weapon slots free, you get two martial arts attacks. There are also kits that offer a few more melee attacks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Post removed
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Feds have the fire estinguisher.

Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendel View Post
Fed's can use bat'leths - DS9 sells up to Captain level. You will want to roll a Klingon and give it something to sell to get the Admiral level one or ask a Klingon to get you one.
There's a few dozen MK X Bat'leths on the exchange for 2k. I always equip one for the queen room fight so I can have more options to knock borg into the plasma.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2010, 10:29 AM
I'd kinda like to see the switchblade katana that Sulu used in the new movie.

Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokia
Look in the thread "Melee Weapons". They are in the works and going through final tweaking evidently.