Lt. Commander
# 1 School me on Antiproton...
03-09-2010, 08:54 AM
I have recently been doing the daily exploration missions for the Badges that get me Purple weapons and equipment.

I have been reading about Antiproton weapons and I see a lot of conflicting info.

1. Is their bonus of bypassing shields working? (some say no)
2. Are they the most effective weapon against the Borg? (some say they can get equivalent results with other load outs)
3. Are they still effective versus all the other various enemies in the game, or should I stick with my mix of different weapon types (Plasma, Polaron, Tetyron etc)?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2010, 09:05 AM
they don't bypass shields, this is wrong and people keep perpetuating this for some reason
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Actually, all beam type weapons by-pass shields to a certain degree. The question should be or answered in kind is..."do antiproton weapons do the kind of damage they are suppose to in by-passing shields?". That answer would be "no".
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I don't get the point in picking up antiproton ship weapons. Phaser +dmg skill is much easier to max than antiproton, and with the current state of the Borg now, I do far more damage with regular phaser arrays by having the +dmg skill trained and having 3 +30 phaser damage tac consoles.

Do antiproton weapons have a secondary effect? I can't remember but I haven't seen it when looking at the dual beam bank I bought some time ago.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Well the last line of any anti-proton weapon states "Anti-Proton space weapons have a chance to penetrate shields." From what I read in the forums this effect is working but I don't know myself as I am not at that level yet. There are no stats on how often this procs mentioned on any weapon however.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2010, 09:41 AM
It would be nice to get a dev response. I am not going to buy these damn things if they really have no benefit.

Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
they don't bypass shields, this is wrong and people keep perpetuating this for some reason
Yea, they do. Every weapon do. It's called "bleedthrough"