Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 The Klingon Empire is Dead
03-11-2010, 01:11 AM
I have done the following things in the last week to try and save it...

I have yelled in netural zone begging some feds to switch over to blance the game before it dies.

I have yelled in sol system , asking ppl if they love this game to help try and save it by making a klingon.

I have rolled and rerolled FED klingons just to help get some games off the ground in T 1 to get these guys some exp.......ask ppl on my friends list what number I am on cuz i honestly dont even know.....

Sometimes even runninga round with no shields on just to die so they can lvl......


Nothing seems to be helping maybe alittle but not enogh to really do anything.......When i was in star base asking ppl why they wont roll a klingon , one guy said"are the Q times shorter over there?" before i could answer another guy said "dont worry we are getting F vs F soon"..........we are done. Its over for us son , much like star trek 6 we just got to choose where and how to die , but we are dead.Ethier make the peace with the fedration FULL TIME , let us join them let us do all there quests , let us be in the fedration with our warbirds or just shut us down....Cuz its over son.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-11-2010, 01:16 AM
You can tell the faction is dead. Just look at the number of player ships zooming about and how "active" zone chat is at either maps. In PvP, it's the same people.

The faction is stagnant, population dwindling to a slow, convulsive death.

But when you think about what there IS for the Klingon faction, can you blame people for NOT trying it out or sticking around? Why bother when you can have a more complete game as a Fed player as well as the ear (and hearts and minds) of the devs?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
You can tell the faction is dead. Just look at the number of player ships zooming about and how "active" zone chat is at either maps. In PvP, it's the same people.

The faction is stagnant, population dwindling to a slow, convulsive death.

But when you think about what there IS for the Klingon faction, can you blame people for NOT trying it out or sticking around? Why bother when you can have a more complete game as a Fed player as well as the ear (and hearts and minds) of the devs?
All true points....Im taking time out of my gameplay to reroll these dam fed avatars just so we can get ppl out T 1...ive wasted hours.I have had to do that crap kitamer quest millions of times it seems.......I cant Q for pvp till lvl 6 so ive done the patoral mission thats side tons too.

I love this side with all my heart but I cant think of anything else to do.......
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Hey. could you tell that tho the 5 or 6 Warship Groups that blow me away each time i join a battle, maybe i wont have to deal with them later.

But honestly, i see pretty much klingons on the battlefields and they allways give me the hell of a fight.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-11-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylab View Post
Hey. could you tell that tho the 5 or 6 Warship Groups that blow me away each time i join a battle, maybe i wont have to deal with them later.

But honestly, i see pretty much klingons on the battlefields and they allways give me the hell of a fight.

Those are NPC's your in the wrong area.......
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
Those are NPC's your in the wrong area.......
Considering how the KDF faction is about to die, maybe he isn't :p The only thing "Klingon" left in the game will be NPCs and FEDERATION Klingon characters.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-11-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
Those are NPC's your in the wrong area.......
Nope those were player ships i think it was in a borg battlefield called borg hunt. There were Player Named Klingon Ships there that could attack us and did pretty well at it actually.

If it werent player ships the system for name generation would indeed be very strange because i dont think that a system would name its ship BOP Boobie....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylab View Post
Hey. could you tell that tho the 5 or 6 Warship Groups that blow me away each time i join a battle, maybe i wont have to deal with them later.

But honestly, i see pretty much klingons on the battlefields and they allways give me the hell of a fight.
Ya I didnt mean to be cold , ive had a crap week as i have told you.....im sure some tiers are ok and hopefully ive had some small part in helping with that , but the two tiers that matter are T 1 and T 5. Thats how many are coming in and how many are lvl capped and playing.

and it looks bad.....


The real test tho did a warzone borg hunt today , was even teams , was pretty dam fun ,and also was full fed teams except me.........when you go into a warzone and the program has to put all feds on your side......ya.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-11-2010, 01:52 AM
And it looks like it will just get worse now that the Test server has FvF as an option that will come with Update 1. It's like they're purposely trying to kill off this faction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
I have done the following things in the last week to try and save it...

I have yelled in netural zone begging some feds to switch over to blance the game before it dies.

I have yelled in sol system , asking ppl if they love this game to help try and save it by making a klingon.

I have rolled and rerolled FED klingons just to help get some games off the ground in T 1 to get these guys some exp.......ask ppl on my friends list what number I am on cuz i honestly dont even know.....

Sometimes even runninga round with no shields on just to die so they can lvl......


Nothing seems to be helping maybe alittle but not enogh to really do anything.......When i was in star base asking ppl why they wont roll a klingon , one guy said"are the Q times shorter over there?" before i could answer another guy said "dont worry we are getting F vs F soon"..........we are done. Its over for us son , much like star trek 6 we just got to choose where and how to die , but we are dead.Ethier make the peace with the fedration FULL TIME , let us join them let us do all there quests , let us be in the fedration with our warbirds or just shut us down....Cuz its over son.
I have a RA 5 Fed I truly love, but those mega long pvp queues lead me to roll a Klingon. Im now Lt Cmd 8 and while the instant queues for pvp are great, its a much tougher grind without any real pve. I tend to like to mix things up, grab a few matchs then hit some episodes. Thats why most people who roll klingons wont make it past T2, no pve content to fall back on when you have had your fill of pvp.

Honestly, the whole Klingon/Fed war seems out of character to me. Cryptic should have had Romulans, Cardassians/Jem'Hedar as opposing factions. Klingons value honor above all else and the Fed's value it too, while the roms and cards are more the backstab types.

Lastly. Whatever happens. We need a real pvp neutral zone. I am so sick of looking at the same capture and hold match that everyone rolls in. Where is deep, dark, space. Wide open expanses. Real starbases to attack and defend.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 AM.